[How-To] Convert Vehicle Add-On to FiveReborn resource

no there shouldnt be any issue, i have both running on my server, ill check it out and get back to you soon

Ok thanks you I wait news from you :wink:

Hi Marzxy,

Could u make an example that includes tuning parts as well?

Its the same process :stuck_out_tongue: just another metadata file to be added

Ok :joy: so you can tell me the what if you know?

I’ve tried alot of releases now and alot of add-cars. Everything is in sync and I double checked all reference.
I even tried this which comes with tuning pars and all should be in place.

But still when I use the native trainer to do the modifications I don’t see any options.

How do you do all of this with a addon car pack that uses the OpenIV package installer?

That is literally what i did and documented here

Well no, because OpenIV just drops the files into their right location. Its not like there is a different zip file for all individual cars.

Can anyone get the tuning part to work, if yes how then? :=)

Hi, Could you give me 1 example of how to put 2 or more cars? I tried combining the __resource.lua and vehicle_names.lua files and it did not work.

Hi,

What if I only have yft and ytd files? any solution?

Thanks!

EDIT 1: Ok, I have to found the original car and take information from it! thanks, that work :wink:

In your carvariations for the vehicle, say for example F430, the part that has

<kits>
    <Item>0_default_modkit</Item>
  </kits>

should have

<kits>
    <Item>x_xxx_modkit</Item>
  </kits>

Where x is the number of the modkit and xxx is the name of the modkit, so it may look like “999_F430_modkit”

Hi,

With some cars (exemple: https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/ferrari-458-italia-hot-pursuit-police-autovista-add-on-replace), I have ZLIB error with a link to a page on rockstar game website and they said that we have to make a -verify launch (what I done, all good) and if the problem still here, re install completly the game…

I think it’s a problem at convertion to FiveReborn or something like that…

Any idea? thanks!

zlib errors are usually from textures being to highly detailed

Hi bronyrapper,

I have the following and still I see nothing:
carvariation.meta

<modelName>polf430</modelName>
<kits>
   <Item>166_polf430_modkit</Item>
</kits>

carcols.meta:

<kitName>166_polf430_modkit</kitName>
<id value="166" />

so, to solve it I have to extract the texture, resize/reduce quality and repack it?

Sorry this might sound dumb but how do you spawn the vehicle in game after installing everything?

I’ve had addon modkits not showing in Singleplayer, so I don’t know what fix you need, but, atleast for replacement cars, and common sense’s sake, you are doing it right, there’s just something else you and I (atleast in my SP) are missing to make it work, wish I could be of more help

nothing here has anything to do with single player