[How-to] Change your servername's color

If you want to change your server list, this tutorial is the way to go. Edit the sv_hostname "" section of your server configuration.

Note: You must be a part of the FiveM Element Club and be using your own server key for this to work within the server list!

^0 is White (#F0F0F0)
^1 is Red (#F44336)
^2 is Green (#4CAF50)
^3 is Yellow (#FFEB3B)
^4 is Blue (#42A5F5)
^5 is Light Blue (#03A9F4)
^6 is Purple (#9C27B0)
^7 is White (#F0F0F0)
^8 is Orange (#FF5722)
^9 is Grey (#9E9E9E)

Here is an example of how you would use these colours:

sv_hostname "^1My ^2FXServer ^3Wew!"

Would display in the server list (“dark” “theme”) as:

and without “dark” “theme”:

I hope I was able to help members who have been looking at and wondering how do do this.

Have fun with these,
Auxi

Edit History

2019-02-18T00:00:00Z: This topic has been updated by @zee to improve accuracy (as of Feb 18 2019)

2019-07-02T00:00:00Z: This topic was updated by @briscoe1006 to let people know that you do not need patreon anymore for this to work (as of 7/2/2019). I will most likely update this again (if I get around to it) if they make it so you do need to be a Patreon Donator to use this feature like they used to.

2019-09-23T14:30:00Z: This topic was updated by @Jaymo to improve accuracy (removing inaccurate information) and to add an edit history.

please make sure to update this section if you make an edit!

74 Likes

Nice, GJ on the tutorial.

2 Likes

Good job

3 Likes
Moved to Tutorials Forums
2 Likes

Thanks, cookie for u.

@kanersps @Auxi - Semi-related, When writing a /help command is there a way to start a new line?

This doesn’t to work :confused:

2 Likes

New FiveM server browser dosen’t use font colors anymore buddy. Although you can still use this post for changing your in game text to differerent colors.

Do you know, what the new browser uses?

1 Like

i think you need an “premium account”

where can i find citmp-server.yml i tried looking everywhere in filezilla

Its renamed to your server.cfg

4 Likes

thanks for reply man appreciate it

Is there anyway to type in black?

can you make it bold?

Must be a FiveM patreon now or else you can not have coloured text in your server’s name :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am patreon of FiveM and I paid 25$ and I dont know how to set it up to work. Can you explain?

Any new AND existing server keys will be automatically converted to have the required policies. In other words, all you have to do now is use the color codes (^1 to ^7) to apply the colors as you wish.

3 Likes

everyone ca do that or only paid users?

1 Like