How to add Rims

how to add this rims? in my server

1 Like

same as you add cars/models.

https://forum.cfx.re/t/how-to-stream-vehicles-models-from-server-to-client/274/104

I can not do it, can you help me?

3 Likes

Modding Tutorials

Not modding help

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

:confused: need help

@Evolyck posted his response at 10:22am and you said you can not do it at 10:33am.

You didn’t even try. Follow the tutorial, try to learn. Take a couple of hours or days or however long you need. You won’t learn anything if people do it for you.

1 Like

it s dificulty i m portuguese :confused:

I’m portuguese too and learned by myself. Nobody teached me how to stream it.

Being from another country doesn’t mean anything.

Just read it.

4 Likes

Alot of the rim packs have models and textures over 16mbs which cant be used in fivem. if its under 16mbs your good just stream the models and add them to a carcols.meta

2 Likes

ill help

1 Like

You do realize it has been four years since the last post, right? Either he figured it out or gave up long ago.

I do appreciate your enthusiasm, though. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah ik i just thought i would ask and be stupid LOL!

uhm does anyone still know how to do it? I know how to stream cars/peds/clothing but not rims i tried doing it by making a __resource.lua / fxmanifest.lua with carcols.lua included that said where to put the addon wheels but when i added them they dont have textures does anyone know how to change the vehshare.ytd file because it includes textures for wheels/rims

Part of the vanilla tutorial says that i need to add them there to have textures (Brims Offroad Pack)

HOW TO ADD TEXTURE:
first install openIV
then go to this locations

Texture Location:
x64e.rpf\levels\gta5\vehicles.rpf\ > ( vehshare.ytd )
x64w.rpf\dlcpacks\mpbeach\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\vehicles\mpbeachvehicles.rpf\ > ( vehshare.ytd )

and press edit mode then open the vehshare.ytd file and import all the texture into the file.
do this action for the two files.

So how to do it on FiveM?

You were the only one who would flat out offer to help, when they gave a suggestion he could have already tried the traditional way and couldn’t get it to work, people are so quick to assume everyone is just lazy that they dont realize how unhelpful theyre being. My thing is, 1- why go on a post where help is needed to say “do it yourself” or “go to youtube”, Obviously videos are not interactive, you cant ask it questions, they dont cater to just your issue, so simply saying watch a video doesn’t cut it. Sometimes if your rims are not converted for fivem properly they wont work, sometimes you could put them in the wrong folder, i can deal with someone saying “i wont do it for you but i can show you how” and whats next is the “if you cant do this then dont have a server” response which is condescending, how else will they learn, thats like telling someone who wants to learn martial arts to just watch videos on youtube, sure, then see what happens in their first fight-

what im getting at is noone is asking them to hold anyones hand, but going by their logic, the “i did it-you can do it” logic, leaves no room for individual learning or processing, everyone learns things at their own pace so who are they to determine someones mental capacity based on whether they comprehend something or how fast the comprehend it.

I have watched videos in many different languages and sometimes they have their scripts set up differently, sometimes you may have a script that negates what youre trying to add, something could be outdated or coded wrong. And coding is sensitive, its better to ask and be safe than assume and be sorry because at the end of the day you pay for it every month.
this is just my opinion, thanks for trying to help the guy.

3 Likes

you add the rims in a stream folder, then have a data folder with carcools in it and put the rims where they need to go; then fxmanifest file.

you spitting facts ma boi

1 Like

Thanks

what needs to go in the fxmanifest.lua file? i cant seem to find an answer anywhere

did anyone ever figure out how to stream does rims? since you cant stream vehshare.ytd anymore?