[How-To] Add-on Vehicles (Detailed)

I can’t manage my add-on cars to work, i have tried to change modkits to hundreds of different values but my cars are not getting customizable. Im also starting ls_customs after my cars in server.cfg

Can anyone help me out ?

I am just trying to use some cars to try and figure out to turn them into a resource… one works on a test server but there is no real framework for anything… its a couple of cars, a script and a loading screen… same method as videos ive seen but some work, some others dont, no clue why

Anybody asking how to find the hash.

OpenIV has a tool to generate hashes.

Tools>Hash Generator

1 Like

Everytime i try to add vehicle into database, the shop bugs and i cant see any car at all, how can i fix this ? i enter everything correct & the car is spawnable with a mod, also made sure the " name " is the exact copy from the name in handling.meta, yet sometimes it works & then when i add more or delete GTA cars from the database to clear the shop it bugs again, been recovering my database for like 100 times now…

i was follow the tutorial, but why the tuning addon didnt show up in lscustom ?

Hi,
I have the same problem the body modifications do not appear in the ls customs yet the car starts all before in the server config, so that the mode is displayed I must restart the resource of the car once connected on the server, where can it come from?

how do i remove a livery from a car and only make it so it has a default color cause everytime i take it out of my garage it will switch to another livery

i have a question. ive added plenty of addon and replace cars to fivem but im stumped. i just got a few tonight. threw them. verified vehicle metas resources everything. bam. start server and watched the list (cleared the cashe first) go into game. get the all familiar message couldnt find car so i hit f8 to restart it and right there it says it couldnt find resource. go look at car it has the resource everything its only a 6 meg car… im stummped every vehicle i added didnt work so im at a loss. mind you in my server it shows me the resource loaded fine

Where does one place the vehicle_names.lua file? Can I group all cars into one .lua or do I need one for each car? Thanks for any help!

where does one put skins

My car not have modifications in lscustum

UPDATE __resource.lua

resource_manifest_version '44febabe-d386-4d18-afbe-5e627f4af937'

files {
    'vehicles.meta',
    'carvariations.meta',
    'carcols.meta',
    'handling.meta',
   **--**  'vehiclelayouts.meta',    -- Not Required
}

data_file 'HANDLING_FILE' 'handling.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE' 'vehicles.meta'
data_file 'CARCOLS_FILE' 'carcols.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE' 'carvariations.meta'
**--** data_file 'VEHICLE_LAYOUTS_FILE' 'vehiclelayouts.meta'   -- Not Required

client_script {
**--**   'vehicle_names.lua'    -- Not Required
}

UPDATE vehicle_names.lua

--[[
Citizen.CreateThread(function()
    AddTextEntry("vehicle spawn/model name", "display name you want")
	AddTextEntry('0x9D82D700', 'Beispiel')
	AddTextEntry('0x114E8264', 'Beispiel2')
end)

ODER

AddTextEntryByHash(<hash>, "text")
end)
]]--

end)

The needed DATA FILES you can find here: Data file types

If you wonna create fast und safty Addon or Replace Cars, you can use this utilitie: FXI - FX Vehicle Installer v0_2.1

Hi where do i put the vehicle_names.lua ? in the advanced garages? for it to show the car names when im spawning from a parking lot?

server_names.lua is in the main folder

grafik

Where can I find out the vehicle hash code ?

h im having trouble, none of this makes sense and i only have .rpf files

Please provide a link to a working program to edit these ‘larger than 16mb’ files down in size. The link provided is broken and brings me to “warren paint” with no apparent application downloads. I have tried a program called “paint.net” and it wouldn’t let me open any vehicle skins, so i think this part of the tutorial needs updating. otherwise great work!

If you are more specific with what you don’t understand I could maybe help? If my hunch is correct, you are having trouble opening the .rpf files so please download a program called openIV and you can access the vehicle data files with that just click gta5 when you run the program and then open your .rpf file. If this is the case, in the future, something like this can be answered in the first and second search result on google when searching “how to open a .rpf file”.

1 Like

thank you, using openiv worked, thats the main part that was confusing me, also do you know any places where i can find adding the lambda menu into my server? i’ve litteralyl looked for the past 2 hours on this website on youtube on facebook plenty of websites but none tell me how to do so only how to add it to the “plugins” folder

No worries. If more people were willing to help we’d have better servers to choose from so I’m happy to do so. I know I sure could have used some help when i first started a couple of months ago.

I could be wrong but I don’t believe Lambda menu is server sided and most servers that I have seen that use it, usually have instructions in a starting tutorial or loading screen telling people to go and download it. The best alternative I can suggest is using vmenu. In my opinion its actually better and its server sided so all the time and weather syncs between players and you can run it with scripthook disabled so you don’t have people running around spawning tug boats and stuff and ruining people’s rp. It has just as many options as lambda plus more. This way everyone who joins will have an easy time without having to download plugins just to create a character or spawn cars, etc. With vmenu you can set ace permisssions so only you and select players can use options such as god mode or no clip, etc… If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask and I’ll answer as best as I can. Unfortunately I am currently unemployed so in the short time I’ve been doing this I have learnt a lot with all the downtime I’ve had between job searching/interviews. Anyways, here the link: vMenu v3.1.3