[How-To] Add-on Vehicles (Detailed)

Hello,

This is a thorough tutorial on installing add-ons with vehicle mods, etc.

[IMPORTANT INFORMATION]
Before installing add-ons, you need to make sure the .YFT files are below 16MB. If the .YTD file is oversized, you can lower the resolution/quality below 16MB so the texturing will not be glitchy, and will be formatted on the vehicle correctly.

Make sure you put the vehicles+vehicle modifications in a stream folder, you can organize the vehicles, and the mods through seperate folders.

Make sure to put the meta’s in the same directory as the resource.lua. You can recode it where it will read it in a different folder if you wish.

I took this Nissan GTR 2017: https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/nissan-skyline-gt-r-17-add-on-replace as an example. It had an oversized texture, so I lowered the quality so the texture would be formatted correctly, and the car would look nice. You need a photoshop program, if you do not have one, download Paint.net

[Tutorial]
The __resource.lua will need some coding to read the meta files. It is optional to have a vehicle_names.lua to create the vehicle hashes for example:

vehicle_names.lua

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
	-- Nissan GTR
	AddTextEntry('0x9F05F101', 'gtr17')
	-- Range Rover
	AddTextEntry('0x9F05F109', 'rsvr16')
end)

In the resource file you will need the following:
__resource.lua:

resource_manifest_version '77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5'

files {
    'vehicles.meta',
    'carvariations.meta',
    'carcols.meta',
    'handling.meta',
    'vehiclelayouts.meta',    -- Not Required
}

data_file 'HANDLING_FILE' 'handling.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE' 'vehicles.meta'
data_file 'CARCOLS_FILE' 'carcols.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE' 'carvariations.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_LAYOUTS_FILE' 'vehiclelayouts.meta'   -- Not Required

client_script {
    'vehicle_names.lua'    -- Not Required
}

If you want the vehicle modifications, do the following:
carcols.meta:

<Item>
      <kitName>1967_gtr17_modkit</kitName>
      <id value="1967"/>
      <kitType>MKT_SPORT</kitType>
      <visibleMods>

you would want to change the mod kit value “1967” to “1008” - “1024” those are the only values for me that worked, if any other values work, please let me know

carvariations.meta

<kits>
        <Item>1967_gtr17_modkit</Item>
      </kits>

The value you changed the mod kit to in the carcols.meta is the same value you want in the carvariations.meta

Example:
carcols.meta

<Item>
      <kitName>1008_gtr17_modkit</kitName>
      <id value="1008"/>
      <kitType>MKT_SPORT</kitType>
      <visibleMods>

carvariations.meta

<kits>
        <Item>1008_gtr17_modkit</Item>
      </kits>

I do believe I covered most of add-ons, if there are any parts you are confused about, do not hesitate to message me :slight_smile:

60 Likes

this is useful because any time someone asked a question about this people would link to the shitty tutorial thats only useful if you’re doing a replacement

3 Likes

Thanks man, much appreciated, once again, if anything you feel is not stated correctly, or you are stuck/confused about something, I’d be more than glad to help :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for the info man!

In may case, some car(that has a vehiclelayouts.meta) didn’t work in my server and crash client when enter these vehicle.
Could you tell me why?

2 Likes

You most likely are doing something incorrect, make sure there are no typos in your meta files, and make sure your cars aren’t oversized (over 16Mb)

Ok, thanks. I’ll try it.

Im so confused im doing this chevy ss and just dont get how to do it

Hi, hI did the whole process and the car works good, but in the menu of the changes there are only extras and not the tuning parts. (I added it to the same folder with ytd … ydd files of the car). How can i fix it? Thanks.

1 Like

Did you edit the carcols, and the carvariations?

Same thing happen to me, I add on the car like your intruction, but can’t load the tuning parts and engine etc. As you mention the code work for you is from 1008 to 1967. Mine is 99125 and it work for gta V offline (not fivem). Thank you for ur great post

You know what, I think from the last dlc, they used 1008-1024. Later today I will test all that out

IDs above 256 make no sense as they’ll be divided by some value as the maximum is 256, as of the gun running DLC you can use the following:

• 238 to 255
6 Likes

chefslaya
can you upload your add-ons cars please

If somebody could help me out trying to get add-ons work but failing I’m not the smartest guy but I know what I am doing carvariations.meta is crashing the server as soon as somebody spawns in-game can somebody help me out or do they have a discord I can join

Not to be mean, but in my opinion it’s kinda rude to post ON A TUTORIAL,
a video you made.

2 Likes

how to change the name for spawn the car? Thanks.

rename the yft & ytd files. rename the vehicle name in the vehicle/handling meta

2 Likes

where do you get the vehicle hashes?

Is there any solution to the addon tuning problem?
I watched all the tutorials, red all forums, tried everything, but can’t solve this. :confused: