How do i use the new .meta streaming? (RESOLVED)

The newest update shows that .meta streaming is now possible but i cant seem to get it working…

– the current manifest version level (2016-12-30)
resource_manifest_version ‘77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5’

– add the files to be sent to the client
files {
‘vehicles.meta’,
‘carvariations.meta’,
‘carcols.meta’,
‘handling.meta’
}

– specify data file entries to be added
– these entries are the same as content.xml in a DLC pack
data_file ‘HANDLING_FILE’ ‘handling.meta’
data_file ‘VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE’ ‘vehicles.meta’
data_file ‘CARCOLS_FILE’ ‘carcols.meta’
data_file ‘VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE’ ‘carvariations.meta’

– and a client script
client_script ‘vehicle_names.lua’

Ive done all that and get a really big game error when joining my server. can anyone help me please???

1 Like

It depends on the meta file. It might use stuff from the new dlc, which isnt fully supported by FiveReborn atm.

1 Like

I tried using ‘carvariations.meta’ and no luck…

Only put in the entries for the cars you added, not the entire original game file.

Make sure that the meta files are outside the stream folder. As thats how i do it and make sure that the vehicles meta has the exact setup of the vehicle you wanna use.

let me try that @Wolfstrike

i am still getting the same error as before, that file is in the main dir and not with the other files and i only have “police3” in side the file… @Wolfstrike here is my __resource.lua

uh, that is wrong setup it should look like this:

inside my __resource.lua???

Yes, inside the file.

1 Like

ahhhh!!! thank you!!! @Mr.Scammer @Wolfstrike

yea but you only need the metas for what u adding ? if you add the full meta with all the other stuff seems to have issues , but add on for ex work perfectly

How do i get a ‘vehicles_names.lua’? Not sure how to get this working

The details on this method is a little spotty. without clearer instructions for noobs you end up with problems like this