How do I add emojis to my server name

I cant find a way to add emojis into my servers name. I’ve tried doing what discord does and use the colons and that doesn’t work Ive also tried copying them off the internet and putting them in there but they turn into question marks. Please tell me how I do this lol.

Thank you!

1 Like

Look for emojis online and copy them, then paste them into your server.cfg file.

1 Like

That doesn’t work it turns them into question marks. I’ve heard you have to use the utf-8 character for it accept I can’t find em.

3 Likes

Try using Notepad++ if you’re not already. You should then be able to save as UTF-8

3 Likes

Click here

Add them to your steam name.

Done.

1 Like

He’s trying to add emoji’s to his server name (sv_hostname in server.cfg), not his steam name.

1 Like

That worked! Thank you!

1 Like

which code did u use to put them in?

1 Like

You can use UTF-8 emoticons

1 Like

[GER] MineLag Roleplay [Hardcore Roleplay] LSPD :police_car: LSMD :ambulance:
Mechanik :man_mechanic:

hi
Unfortunately it didn’t work :thinking:

:crown: asdasd

U+1F601

try that maybeeeeeee

So after quite a bit of troubleshooting would like to add my 2cents on the current state of fivem related to adding emojis(20210826).

First, The name that shows up in the list is the sets sv_projectName from server.cfg not the hostname. The hostname does not come into effect until after they have clicked on the link in the list.

Second, with the current fivem patreon that most use, argumentum, only one color will be accepted on the list so you cannot customize it with multiple colors like you would your hostname.

Third, when using emojis you should see the emojis in your server.cfg before you expect it to show up on the list. Example if in you server.cfg you see U+1FXXX it will not just magically appear in the server list and you will get those exact characters there instead. What you should see is a version of the emoji in you cfg.(pics will be provided if I can, because they change depending on what software you are using notepad++, Visual Studio Code, etc)

Fourth, YOU CANNOT, start you server name off with an emoji or nothing will work including the color.

This all comes from my personal testing and may not be 100% true but has been the case for me so far. If 1 of you disagrees or have had different results or claim me to be wrong I have no qualms with you but please update here with adequate instruction so that everyone including myself can learn how to do it properly.

1 Like

I need help to put an emoji in the projectName, I edit it with the notepad ++ it saves it in utf-8 but the emoji does not come out. :frowning:

Hey bro did you figure this out or still need some help?

for me notepad++ doesn’t have a mode to save it as utf-8