Help streaming engine sounds

Can anyone help me? I’m trying to add more than one vehicle engine sound by addon to my fiveM server. I followed a comment here: Ability to stream more than model and meta files and I have gotten one to work only if I keep the name as “carcar” but I want to add more, so I can call them all carcar, so I renamed the carcar.awc and carcar_npc.awc files to chgr.awc and chgr_npc.awc for example, then in the 4 files in the gd folder (dlcthing_game.dat151.nametable, dlcthing_game.dat151.rel, dlcthing_sounds.dat151.nametable, dlcthing_sounds.dat151.rel) I replace all “carcar” with “chgr”, but when I load into the server I get an error that says “Out of game memory. Please reboot and restart the game.” If anyone has gotten this to work with multiple sounds please help me out, I have tried all I know.

FiveMError

[Main Instruction]
RAGE error: ERR_MEM_EMBEDDEDALLOC_ALLOC

[Content]
A game error (at 000000014120967d) caused FiveM to stop working. A crash report has been uploaded to the FiveM developers.
If you require immediate support, please visit FiveM.net and mention the details below.

Out of game memory. Please reboot and restart the game.

[Expanded Information]
Crash signature: gta-core-five.dll+368FC

I am the same… and it is getting to the point where I’m about to give up on the client and flip a table.

Yea, and I just realized that the normal sounds for cars like the dominator’s awc files are not called dominator.awc and dominator_npc.awc, but like muscle_car_2_us_v8.awc, so I wonder how it is set that in the “audioNameHash” line that it says “audioNameHash>dominator</audioNameHash” instead of “audioNameHash>muscle_car_2_us_v8</audioNameHash”, right? So if I am on the right path I got to figure out what changes it so that the audioNameHash is called dominator, then I can hopefully change the name without having to change the files names or name inside of the files.

Exact same thing here, i have one sound working, never get more. I private messaged the guy that post this resource, but he never answered :confused:

2 Likes

@BaluZ I have also private messaged the person who posted the comment with the code and download link, no response. That’s why I posted this topic to see if anyone had figured it out. If I find anything out I will post it here.

ok, same for me if i found something

Did you read the posts following the response?

@Zulfurix Yes, I have, unless there is something I do not understand completely about a comment or link, please notify me, not sure what you are pointing out?

(referencing the .dat and .rel files) We can’t use the ones from carcar as they were specifically written to with the carcar.awc sounds in mind. I’ve tried some dodgy methods to get it working to no avail.

It’s unfortunate that these tools to create new .dat and .rel files haven’t surfaced yet as well but hopefully we’ll see that in the future.

So you’re saying that to add multiple there would have to be another one created using the private program stuff, so for now we can only have one, which is the carcar, until these programs get surfaced or FiveM finds a way to stream sounds?

Pretty much yep, I’m just keeping my hopes up that we’ll see the programs soon if development continues for them.

You can also edit the .dat files in codewalker…

1 Like

You couldn’t two years ago…

Ya I realized that, I just dont like unanswered topics.

1 Like

Lmaooo