[Help/Request] Custom Steering for FiveM

Hi. I need some help. I just bought a racing wheel (G29 with shifter) and I installed this [CLIENT] Manual Transmission & Steering Wheel Support but I hate how GTA 5 automatically disables 25% of analog sticks so I can’t make slight adjustments which just makes me wreck constantly. I found this mod https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/custom-steering on gta5 mods but I can’t get it working for FiveM. Is there a way to make all of the rotation of my wheel work and not just past 25%, make that mod work or am I just going to have to live with it? Thanks!

:thinking:

Have you configured your wheel as a controller (using something else than my Gears.asi thing) or have you configured it in the mod? The latter should work around the dead-zoning automagically.

I’d help you but I’m not very active on these forums, so it might take a while :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

No. What should I use?

It should work similarly as in SP, which is 1:1 mapping of the steering wheel to car wheel movements.

2 Likes

Hey, I installed Manual Transmission & Steering Wheel Support, Everything works but the D-Pad, I am using a Logitech g20. I cant use the Wheel To Key nor can i bind any button on the D-Pad. The D-pad works on other games, but it wont bind to this one. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks for the help

This is mainly because FiveM isn’t build for controllers, since the steering wheel you have basically is a controller as well you will automatically get the same issues as controllers has.

The only real way to solve this is to have the developer build it’s scripts based on either controllers only or keep his/her keyboard layout < which means you will always have problems with any controller.

for me xbox controller works great, but whit ps4 controller and gears.asi its bit buggy from time to time, but you could try to turn on and off the xinput controllers thing? or maybe confiqure your wheel in storymode and just copy the ‘‘ManualTransmission’’ folder to FiveM Application Data

how do i fix error code 7

How do I do that?

If it works in SP, it should work in FiveM. Whatever compatibility issues arise should only be related to patching/address finding.

Disclaimer: I have not started FiveM in ages.