[HELP] Need to know how to make particles sync with other players

Ok I made everything work the way it should but the problem is that the particle effect does not show up for all clients. This means if you want this can let you fight a fire that is invisible to everyone else but will still set them on fire and blow objects up…

Any ideas on how to sync them to the server visually instead of spawning another set of fires on all other clients. This just needs to work with the particle effects not StartScriptFire.

I know of a couple ways to accomplish this but It would cause a lot of unneaded stress on the server sending out all the variables from the client who tarted the fire to everyone else. I just need to know how to basically make the fires visible to others.

Ok I figured out how to completely make all the fires be visible but it requires almost an entire recode of how the script works so it might take awhile… But I am really happy I finally figured it all out with your guys’s help!

Ok so I have not figured it out it seems… any help from people would be appreciated by the way I remade the text of the thread so that the current topic will be why people come to help.

use server side to broadcast a client event (this event send the instruction to start the particle effect)

yes but you cant get player coords from serverside so you would need to go into a clent script get the coords save them globally trigger a server event that will take thoughs variables and trigger a client even to everyone that sets their respective variables to the values given by the initial client. It is confusing i know but that is the only way i have found to do it. If you want an example look at how additional server sync works.

1 Like

I got the fires showing up for everyone by spawning them on their client at the same time but its weird because the code breaks after it runs for a few times…

it’s breaking ? what do you mean ?

What I meant was when the fire was removed from the table it was in the function to make it spread seemed to break. I fixed it though by doing some more checks so its a little harder on the client who first spawned the fire but thats just how it has to be for now. Anyway I got it 100% working now i just want to focus on making everything look better :slight_smile:

1 Like

how close is this to working? iv been looking for this and would love to use it.

it is working, the code in the topic up top is fully working.

How would you go about stopping the fx?

There is a ntive that does exactly that use this list or another

https://pastebin.com/F220j8xS

Search for particlefx

im an idiot but what should i put for the p1 and p0

the first variable is the particle itself so if you did local fire = creating particle here then you would put

the first variable as fire.

i usually use the stop in range natives though

What we have in our server is a script where fire is spanwed when u press a button but we want an effect for a smoke plume but we want it to dissapear after a while, bear in mind the fire gets spanwed at wherever the player is

Their is a few tricks I did to get it to work, however until the server owner that i made the script for allows me I cannot give away any more information on how to sync or control the fires. I wasn’t even supposed to help this far but I couldn’t help it.

The last bit of help ill give on creating the firescript is that you need to store the flames in a table like this

table.insert(fires, code to create fire here)
table.insert(fires, x)
table.insert(fires, y)
table.insert(fires, z)

and when you call on them do fires[i+1] for x and so on. There is a lot more ways to do this more efficient, however that is the method ill share.

Ill try get that figured out and try get it working thanks for the help!

1 Like

PM me for an opportunity to get the alpha version of my fire script that works 100%

2 Likes