[SOLVED] How do I make it so my script pays a player

Hello i am using esx and i was wondering how do i make it so that when a player scraps a car, the script will pay it a random amount so for example math.random(45, 125)

If anyone can help me that would be great!

1 Like

Share your script…
basically you just need to use
xPlayer.addMoney(money)

1 Like

i want it to make it so that it gives the money to the player after the Citizen.Wait(1)

if Vdist(GetEntityCoords(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), GetEntityCoords(GetPlayersLastVehicle(GetPlayerPed(-1), false))) < distancetoscrap then
    SetEntityAsMissionEntity(GetPlayersLastVehicle(GetPlayerPed(-1), 1), true, true)
    DeleteVehicle(GetPlayersLastVehicle(GetPlayerPed(-1), 1), true, true)
    TriggerEvent("chatMessage", "[Notification]", {255,0,0}, "Car was successfully scraped.")
    Citizen.Wait(1)
else
    TriggerEvent("chatMessage", "[Notification]", {255,0,0}, "You need to be near the car to scrap it.")
end
1 Like
TriggerEvent("chatMessage", "[Notification]", {255,0,0}, "Car was successfully scraped.")

You spelled “scrapped” wrong
and you need to trigger a server event to give money so it should be something like

// CLIENT SIDE after Citizen.Wait(1)
TriggerServerEvent('car_scrap:Payout')
// SERVER SIDE
RegisterNetEvent('car_scrap:Payout')
AddEventHandler('car_scrap:Payout', function()
xPlayer.addmoney(amount)
end)

For the payout, you could just grab the vehicles and prices from the database, return them in the server event and then make it half the payout or something.

i got this error:
https://gyazo.com/e82fcdcd2e8bf36c377b2c8d121bb1a0

You haven’t defined ESX anywhere in your script that’s the problem, I’m not gonna give you a basic’s on how to do a ESX script, that’s where the boilerplate release is there for.

Dude share your script so we can help you. Not a part of it…

__resource.lua:

dependency 'es_extended'

server.lua:

ESX = nil
local _source = source
local xPlayer  = ESX.GetPlayerFromId(_source)
local amount = math.random(450, 1500)

RegisterNetEvent('testblips:Payout')
AddEventHandler('testblips:Payout', function()
    xPlayer.addmoney(amount)
end)

client.lua:

TriggerServerEvent('testblips:Payout')

Error I’m currently getting:
https://gyazo.com/18496b890fb4a5ea561499b6cc96e05c