[Help] ESX - players all have names above their heads and I'd like them gone

Basically, from about 50 meters away you can see player’s names above their heads. In ex_extended config file I’ve set “Config.ShowDotAbovePlayer” to false so I have no idea what is causing this. Ideas?

Don’t start playernames and they won’t show up.

2 Likes

I want them to show up from a certain distance so people can still identify rule breakers. But thank you!

I was going off the title of your thread. If you want to lessen the distance viewable, you should be able to change line 92 of playernames_cl.lua from 250 to something smaller so they don’t show from such a great distance:

if distance < 250 and HasEntityClearLosToEntity(PlayerPedId(), ped, 17) then

Keep in mind that changing a core FiveM resource means that a future update of FiveM server-data will undo this change so that it would need to be performed again.

1 Like

Oo gotcha. Is there a way to make it so it just shows an ID above the players head instead of a name?

1 Like

I would guess setting line 93 to false:

SetMpGamerTagVisibility(tag, gtComponent.GAMER_NAME, false)

In what file?

Same file, playernames_cl.lua.

2 Likes

noplayerblips

client.lua

-- Distance in meters. If you are within -distance- meters from another player, you will see their name above their head.
-- Set this to -1 if you want all player names to be hidden at all times (no matter how close you get to someone, 
-- you won't see their names). (God permission still overrides this, god players can see them all the time!)
local disable_player_names_distance = 5  -- change -1

I’ve used this one before but it creates a huge amount of lag on the server, no idea why.