[HELP][ESX] Character create problem

Hi, I have already tried once but never got an reply so I try again.

Every time i’m connecting to my server it wants me to create an new character the whole time and it’s flooding on my database with new characters from only 1 player.

And something else that isn’t really working is that i can’t see “employe list” in some of my esx jobs like police/mafia and so on.

Thankful for every reply I get.

Ps. Don’t you bother to write scott_uk

1 Like

He’s correct, you need to ask your questions in the original thread that you got the resource from. Also, don’t be rude… Rude people don’t get help.

3 Likes

Don’t really know why I should do that? I have seen a lot of people who have been asking these type of questions in that discussion i choosed to post it on.

And I did not mean to be rude against scott because several people have told me to write on fivem’s forums and I did and he kept telling me to ask in the original post, but go ahead you try it. You just can’t ask/write in that thread I got it from. the link to the thread that made those stuff I need help with (https://github.com/ESX-Org)

Patience is a virtue. There are so many esx posts NOT in the correct place it’s staggering. The reason for few to no responses is esx is well documented and easy to set up. Anyone with basic knowledge of how a server works can do this. On the other hand newbies are attracted to esx and have no clue what they are even doing. If one knows nothing of lua and very little of how a server works, they shouldn’t own/operate a server. You have to crawl before you can walk. You have to walk before you can run. You have to run well before entering a marathon. Same logic applies.

1 Like

I do own a server and I think I can walk atleast but not pretty sure if I can run. I am meeting an wierd error in my scripts I have loaded in to my server. I do not mean to be mean to other players I am actually a nice guy in real life and I appreciate people taking their time to write suggestions. But I my patience is actually pretty decent but still i seek for answers. The only problem I have is I do not have knowledge on how to edit them.

While your waiting for an answer make backups and experiment. When I first joined the forum I had no knowledge of lua and fivem. I leaned a lot through trial and error. When I wanted to change UI colors I googled .css colors and how to do it. The forum is here to help, I enjoy helping others. However helping and doing for someone are two different things. If everyone did it for me, I wouldn’t have learned anything.

Now for your errors. Esx_identity should only allow the creation of 3 chars. If your DB is flooding with chars you have a conflict or load order is incorrect. I would check the documentation on GitHub for possible reasons why. It’s gonna take some familiar with your situation to address it. Could be why little to no responses as well. If they haven’t encountered the problem how would they know to fix it? It could be your using the wrong version too. Es4 or es5? There’s an esx_identity update for es5 and the SQL.

OH! sorry about that! I have already solved that problem though. Its only the police and banking system that isn’t really working. Noor “the bank money”

How i solved it: In the esx_identity file there is 2 sqls “esx_identity.sql and esx_identity_update.sql” I put in the update version and that’s when the buggs started to appearing. But instead i just remove the update.sql and changed it to only identity.sql and it worked fine afterwards.

2 Likes

See that’s awesome you fixed your problem and shared the answer. Now if anyone else has that problem they know how to address it. What banking are you using. The new_banking by @onlyserenity works great. Just don’t change the name of the resource as it uses a UI and changing the name will break the resource. As for the cops issue, not quite sure.

1 Like

Like everytime i edit something in the police esx it just keeps destroying stuff. Even if i reverse everything i’ve done the damage is still there. The banking system is only “new_banking” but should it be placed in resources or in the [esx] folder?

[esx] folder. For new_banking.

Okay thank you so much. Do you know any guide on how to install addon cars? I have heard it’s quiet pretty hard, and if i do so can i still place it in the cardealership? And also do you know how to store weapons in the gunshop and how to remove jobs in the “job center” ?

The weapons are stored in the DB. Take a look at the names and you’ll see how to add more. Just be careful some items break the shops. I had added flares, boublebarrelshotgun and some others and it broke the script. I removed those and it worked again. Jobs are stored in the DB too. You’ll see the jobs listed in the DB just like in the job center menu. If you want to add add-on cars from a resource that’s been released just follow the directions. Like adding captain 14’s cars I just added the resource and added it to the config. Now making add-on cars from scratch isn’t my ballpark.

How do I find the guns in the DB? And I’m kinda dumb with the “DB” thing. Is it the “sql” place or FTP? And addon cars i mean if i load in those cars will they appear in the car shop? And in the “job center” after i delete some of them they disappear as an job for me that i can’t write an command to.

And what is this i keep getting?

[ 2937] Error parsing script config.lua in resource esx_jobs: config.lua:1: unexpected symbol near ‘<\239>’

The weapons should be in the table weapshop or weashop I don’t exactly remember the name. Not sure about add-on cars appearing in shops or not. I only an using police add-ons. Not sure what you mean with the jobs, but if you remove a job of course they are going to disappear and become unusable.
That error don’t make much sense.
Config = {}
Is the fist line. What did you change? If you revert to the original esx_jobs the error shouldn’t persist.

Don’t really know, but after installing the “new_banking” thing it freezes my screen after “trying” to put in money but my “bank cash” in the top right corner isn’t working. correctly said you can’t have that type of money. Do you know the issue why it doesn’t work?

Another error…

Error running system event handling function for resource esx_addonaccount: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: missing bytes
[ 2578015] stack traceback:
[ 2578015] [C]: in function ‘error’
[ 2578015] citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: in method ‘underflow’
[ 2578015] citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:465: in field ‘any’
[ 2578015] citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:860: in field ‘unpack’
[ 2578015] citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:563: in local ‘cb’
[ 2578015] server/main.lua:81: in upvalue ‘handler’
[ 2578015] citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:175: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:174
[ 2578015] stack traceback:
[ 2578015] [C]: in function ‘error’
[ 2578015] citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: in field ‘CreateThreadNow’
[ 2578015] citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:174: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:138