[[SOLVED]] Addon Cars Tuning works only when restarting the folder

Hi all !
I have this issue where all my cars that have tuning parts working only if I restart each folder of each car, i assigned working modkit and hash names for parts etc. I clear the cache before starting the server, I spawn the car the tuning doens’t work, I restart the car folder and then it works. I don’t really know where to look anymore.
Thank you,
Proton

1 Like

I’m having somewhat the same issue but in my end, my Add-On cars are working but the tuning don’t, and with instructions to put the tunings/modifications in the stream folder, there is still no difference.

I would need some help with this too, felt like it wasn’t necessary to open a new topic…

Hi LimeTheFox !
Have you tried diff. modkits ID ? Also make sure that your other cars don’t use the same ID.
Another problem with tuning is that even if you do everything by the book some cars won’t have tuning working. Try that and let me know, maybe i can send you some stuff and i hope they will fix the issue for you.

Check __resource.lua ( to point data files )
· carcols & carvariations ( for modkit ID )
· vehicle_names ( hash and name for tuning parts )

Modkits? Could you explain more what this is?

This is a good example : [How-To] Add-on Vehicles (Detailed)
Remember if an ID number kit doens’t work, then try another one till works and make sure other cars don’t have the same ID in order to avoid conflicts between them.

Please make sure your __resource.lua file loading order is as follows:

handling.meta
vehicles.meta
carcols.meta
carvariations.meta

This will solve the issue of having to restart the resources.

4 Likes

Hi Sabbo,
I had them random thinking it doens’t matter as long you point them out but i was wrong ! I changed all my cars __resource’s files and then test it. Thank you very much for the info you provided, this solved my issue.

Best regards,

ProtonHorse

The reason the load order matters is that in some cases the meta files will refer to other ones, if those are custom and loaded in the wrong order it can fail. Example: you refer to a custom handling line in vehicles.meta. - It can’t find that handling line, it goes boom and runs home to mommy.

1 Like

Yes, i’ll keep that in mind from now on :slight_smile: Thank you again !