[HELP] Add-on cars don’t work at all

So I’ve been having issues with addon cars. I can replace cars or download an addon car from fivem forums and it’ll work but when I try to get a car from gta5-mods.com, they don’t work and it says it’s the car resource not a file in the car just the entire car resource and i don’t know why. I tried adding this one HERE but it says Couldn’t load the resource lwgtr.:( what am I doing wrong and how do I fix it. Is it possible for someone to convert that one for me so I can see what they did and try and recreate it

Now what I’m not understanding is the vehicle I tried to add the folder looked just like that. I’m not sure exactly what I’m doing wrong. Maybe I need to split the ytd and ytf files

your ytd and ytf files should be in the stream folder, and if its a addon you have to make sure it has meta files or it wont work.

should look like this

So for the dlctext.meta what does the script in the __resource.lua file have to be. This is what mine looks like

Also Do I need the lwgtr content unlocks meta or no. As well as do I need the dlctext meta and the __resource.lua file should look something like this

files { ‘vehicles.meta’, ‘carvariations.meta’, ‘carcols.meta’, ‘handling.meta’, }

As far as I know, you don’t need it. I have had no issues without it being in __reosurce.lua

Make sure you start it in your config and since its a addon youll need to add it to the dealership or spawn it via a menu

Thank you so much for your help. The gruesome 2-3 week battle is over. I finally figured it out.

can you help me how i put it in a dealership ?

now the modifications for addon cars arent working. what did i do wrong

Did you mounted the data files correctly for the car? In __resource.lua do you have data_file 'file type' 'file path' lines?

yes i think i did

resource_manifest_version '77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5'

files {
    'vehicles.meta',
    'carvariations.meta',
    'carcols.meta',
    'handling.meta',
	'dlctext.meta'
}

data_file 'HANDLING_FILE' 'handling.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE' 'vehicles.meta'
data_file 'CARCOLS_FILE' 'carcols.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE' 'carvariations.meta'
data_file 'DLCTEXT_FILE' 'dlctext.meta'

It seems right, then I don’t know what’s the problem with it, maybe the model is wrong.

Can you send a the Console?

yea. i can the cars work and all that, but i was condensing them into a single resource. and the modifications were working but they stopped. I streamed them separately and they worked fully and everything works

How do i make it to where i can turn lights on a emergency vehicle and the sirens dont turn on unless i press a key to turn them on

how did you fixed it?