Heavy Stuttering/Freezing After Playing For A While

GTA V version?
Latest version available on Steam.
Up to date?
Legit or Pirate copy?
Steam/CD/Social Club?
Windows version?
Windows 10 With Fall Creator’s Update
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
System specifications
CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz
GPU: GTX 960
HDD: 1 TB with 200 GB free.
What did you do to get this issue?
Just playing the game.
What server did you get this issue on?
STRP (any of them, they’re the only servers I play atm).
CitizenFX.log file
CitizenFX.log (124.4 KB)

Been having major stuttering problems with FiveM for months and haven’t been able to resolve it. Singleplayer and GTA Online run flawlessly, no stuttering, 60 FPS. FiveM on the otherhand runs terribly, behaving like it has a memory leak that decays performance over time. However, it’s not actually showing any kind of memory leak in the Task Manager, as RAM usage usually hovers around 80% for the duration of the sessions.

Things I’ve tried:
Disabling Window’s Defender and real-time scanning.
Updating to the latest version of Windows (Fall Creator’s Update).
Updating to the latest GPU drivers.
Ensuring Shadowplay (or it’s modern equivalent) is turned off.
Ensuring XBox services on the PC are turned off.
Deleting the FiveM cache multiple times.
Verifying the integrity of GTAV’s Steam cache.
Ensuring there are no background processes except for Discord, Steam and basic Windows processes.
Defragging the harddrive.
Using a 32 GB USB stick as a dedicated ReadyBoost.

None of this has helped at all.

I want to make clear this is not an FPS issue, it’s stuttering - freezing for a microsecond or sometimes a few seconds. It’s often so bad I can’t drive cars and sometimes so bad even walking with my character causes freezing. Usually the first hour is okay, occasionally stuttering as I make my way around Los Santos and Blaine County, then eventually as more things have been loaded over time, it gets worse and worse and worse. Yet Windows reports memory usage is only about 80%. I’m also not exceeding VRAM usage as it’s around 1,800 of 2GB.

My HDD is reported by SMART as being healthy and I have zero problems in any other games. I’ve tried everything short of uninstalling and reinstalling GTAV and FiveM. Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this and have a solution? I would be so grateful.

I’ve had the same problem, and have been trying to find fix for it.
You should try to Reseat your RAM. Atleast that helped me but it didn’t fix it completly.

Yeah i get the same problem with FiveM when i play, sometimes i lagg so hard that i just restart the game.
P.s On Normal GTA Online that dosent happen to me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.