Glowing brakediscs - v3.0

can u give me an idea on how you change the glow effects? to something custom ?

Sorry for my late reply.
You have to edit the core.ypt

It’s okay! Thank you will give it a try! Quick question how can i stop this from happening.

1 Like

Haha, ye I think I can filter this out.

I have error : /

is it fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for my late reply.

Your game can’t find the native. Maybe an outdated game / server version?

Hmm nah, haven’t worked on it for a while.

That native has been changed to UseParticleFxAsset -> https://runtime.fivem.net/doc/natives/#_0x6C38AF3693A69A91

If the code was on Github I would of submitted a pull request to fix it.

2 Likes

Gloweffect on helicopters is fixed with v1.1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you want to get technical: When doing a burnout (either stopped, or moving), the game applies the normal brake pressure to the non-driven wheels (or front wheels for rwd/awd cars) and applies no brake pressure to the driven wheels. It’s basically a line lock thing, on all cars, always.

bug :smiley:

Ok, so we will probably also remove bikes from the brakediscs-list :slight_smile:
Thanks for the report :wink:

1 Like

Hey! Any way to make the effect more gradual? For example, When doing a burnout the brake discs heat up more slowly, stay glowing longer and the heat goes away gradually. my idea is that you could possibly use an alpha channel or something? like it would be at 0 if you haven’t been using the brakes, and once you start using them it would slowly creep up to 255 which is the max value for alpha. After not using the brakes, it would creep back down to 0 within a time of like maybe 15-30 seconds. the fivem passive resource uses this alpha thing that im talking about, it makes the avatar slightly see through. Sorry if what im saying doesn’t make much sense, im super new to all of this scripting stuff. With that being said though, This is an awesome mod! =]

1 Like

I know what you mean. But I have not found a way yet to set an alpha-channel for particles.

it’s all good! just an idea =] great work btw

1 Like

you can solve this annoying cpu usage?
minimum is 2.00 ms average 4.00 ms maximum 8.00 ms
immagine

[Glowing brakediscs - v2.0]

Yea, I think so…

1 Like

Looking forward to this! Been getting serious about reducing resource use lately, especially in the textures department.

yes please!! love the script,wish it was taking less cpu