Game crash immediately when pressing 'F' to enter vehicle [SOLVED]

I have this problem with some vehicles on my server. I’ve tried a bunch of configuration to try to fix this issue but it keeps on happening whatever I do. Basicly to summarise what happens is that I spawn an addon vehicle I have installed and the vehicle spawn right where im standing, meaning as I spawn inside the vehicle, but not in the driver seat. After that I walk out from the vehicle and press F to enter the vehicle which cause my game to crash. It seems like a problem with maybe the vehicle.meta file or any other .meta files but im not sure.

This is a server sided problem, not client side. And this does not happen to all vehicles just certain vehicles, like this one: https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/jzx100-mark-ii-add-on-tuning-template

All help is much appriciated :smiley:

5 Likes

Sounds like a problem with the vehicles to me.

1 Like

Do you think its the model itself or some of the .meta files?

Maybe because of the .metas/tuning options but I’m not sure. I experienced this a while ago with some add on planes but I just gave up on streaming them.

I’d also love some information. I actually made a thread about this before you with a video showing the issue: Vehicle add on problems, please help. I have managed to fix the bad/wrong textures bug (these particular cars were over 16mb so I compressed them but I still have no idea how to fix the cars that crash my game instantly when I try to enter them. I have tried systematically removing meta files and adding them back for testing with no luck and have also tried reducing the size of the .ytd file for the vehicle but this had no effect and most of these instant crash vehicles are less than 16mb anyway. It’s a real shame because some of the best looking cars do this and I feel like it may have something to do with graphical limitation on fivem side? Please is there anyone out there that can shed some light on this issue?

I have found the problem! After alot of testing and configuration I have officially found the problem.
In the vehicle.meta file there is one line like this: <layout>LAYOUT_LOW_RHD</layout>

The problem is the RHD in the layout, remove the RHD from the layout so it only says <layout>LAYOUT_LOW</layout>

21 Likes

Press F to disconnect

2 Likes

OMG You are a Legend! Thank you so much for sharing your hard work in finding the solution!

2 Likes

@Whombraider Hello,

Whilst I think that you think you’ve fixed this I dont think you have, RHD for me makes me assume this is a “Right-hand-drive” car which means the crash is caused by your resources lua not loading the Vehicle_layouts.meta.

Here’s an example below which should correct this, not using this can give weird entry/exiting to the vehicle/no door animations etc.

resource_manifest_version '77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5'

files {
	'vehiclelayouts.meta',
    'vehicles.meta',
    'carvariations.meta',
    'carcols.meta',
    'handling.meta'
}

data_file 'HANDLING_FILE' 'handling.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_LAYOUTS_FILE' 'vehiclelayouts.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE' 'vehicles.meta'
data_file 'CARCOLS_FILE' 'carcols.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE' 'carvariations.meta'

Note the added vehicle layouts file addon.

Hope it helps,

Jaysee

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.