FXServer Ubuntu 16.04 LTS SIGABRT Error

Hello there,

For the past few weeks or so, I have been getting an error very similar to this overnight on an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS environment. As it is happening overnight, my suspicions are to believe that this is caused by something perhaps in the FXServer triggering this error, as this signal shows a fatal error in the software and had to terminate. I have tried this on 2 fresh machines but I’ve still ended up with the same head-scratching.

The error seems to be triggered by the BOOST library, and is as follows:

terminating with uncaught exception of type boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::system::system_error> >: boost::random_device: cannot open random-number pseudo-device /dev/urandom: No file descriptors available
Stacktrace:

no /proc/self/maps, not on linux?

=================================================================
Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.

If you require any additional information then feel free to tell me. I have not followed the thread template as it seems to be more of a clientside thing. I must say that the server is running the latest FXServer from the artifacts website including the resource folder too, as I’ve just updated it today but have still been getting the error. Perhaps this error is a result of a possible memory leak or null pointers and such?

Any help is much appreciated.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem here. I have two servers. One dedicated for Bikes stut/drift/MX…, and one dedicated for cars drift. I have a lot of modded vehicles on both, also a lot of maps mods.
The bikes server (was a bit unstable under CFX) is now very stable. But the Cars server (was stable AF under CFX) now has this exact same crash SIGABRT at least once a day. It’s very annoying. I updated my server version each new version. still same problem.

It’s annoying to left over 1000 hours in the server devloppement to have something stable and with cool content, and create a nice community, and have all this work and community ruined because of a new unfinished server :frowning:

I really hope someone will find a way to fix it because my community is melting quickly.

As this is linux, the path for the pseudo-device /dev/urandom does exist. Perhaps it could be a permission problem, as it cant open it or something?

i don’t know. my two servers are exactly the same except the vehicles and some map. Same permission, same config… I don’t know where it come from, except that come from FX Server because it was stable before.

Seems like the alpine folder was under the teamspeak user group for some bizarre reason. Updated and changed the usergroup and I will see how it goes tonight. I am somewhat confident that there is some sort of memory leak going on due to the frequency of the signal.

1 Like

Another same error just now on a full server… Any Elements have a suggestion on the fix considering this pops up on 2 fresh machines?

@shayan_doust I’ve got the exact same error messages. Two instances of FXServer crashing with the same exception, about 2 hours apart.

Have you been able to get anywhere with this?

for me sadly nope… i still have my server crashing for no visible reason… i had a good reputation on CFX, now my server is considered as a glitchy shit… thanks the new revolutionary server…

Latest fx update. No resources. Crashes again with BOOST causing sigabrt. Its a shame really. Even tried on 2 machines and no ideas or help whatsoever…

it’s a internal process of fiveM i think, my processor on the server is around 30% but hit sometimes over 90%, and it’s synced with the crash. I don’t know if it’s ressource or FiveM itself. i tried to remove some resources, still same. My server was enough for 3 instances under CFX, now with 2 instances only under FX, it’s not enough… I think i will have to rent a bigger server once again if it continues. It start to be expensive… -_-

I think i have something to search around!
I have 2 entities on the same VPS (idk if same for you)
The n° 1 was on port 30120, the n°2 was on port 30121.
I inverted the ports, so n°1 on 30121 and n°2 on 30120, this time it’s the n°1 that crash! (so still on 30121 port)
Maybe i mistake something in server.cfg?
here is a copy pasta of what i modify to change ports. i maybe have to copy the whole IP adress or something?

# you probably don't want to change these!
# only change them if you're using a server with multiple network interfaces
endpoint_add_tcp "0.0.0.0:30121"
endpoint_add_udp "0.0.0.0:30121"
1 Like

fail… it crashed too. even on 30120 port. I have another error, same ending, but the beginning is cropped by my ssh (too long)

> fivem/fx-server/alpine/usr/lib/libc++.so.1.0
> 7fb47d5c9000-7fb47d5d0000 r-xp 000d0000 08:01 1025976                    /home/fivem/fx-server/alpine/usr/lib/libc++.so.1.0
> 7fb47d5d0000-7fb47d5d1000 rwxp 000d7000 08:01 1025976                    /home/fivem/fx-server/alpine/usr/lib/libc++.so.1.0
> 7fb47d5d1000-7fb47d5d3000 rwxp 00000000 00:00 0
> 7fb47d5d3000-7fb47d846000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 1026251                    /home/fivem/fx-server/alpine/opt/cfx-server/libCoreRT.so
> 7fb47d846000-7fb47d84a000 r-xp 00073000 08:01 1026251                    /home/fivem/fx-server/alpine/opt/cfx-server/libCoreRT.so
> 7fb47d84a000-7fb47d84b000 rwxp 00077000 08:01 1026251                    /home/fivem/fx-server/alpine/opt/cfx-server/libCoreRT.so
> 7ffdb2fd8000-7ffdb2ff9000 rwxp 00000000 00:00 0                          [stack]
> 7ffdb2ffe000-7ffdb2fff000 r-xp 00000000 00:00 0                          [vdso]
> ffffffffff600000-ffffffffff601000 r-xp 00000000 00:00 0                  [vsyscall]
> 
> =================================================================
> Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
> a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
> used by your application.
> =================================================================

am having this problem as well… Capture

Bump! Any updates on this issue?
Alot of people are receiving this!

Getting the same issue with the latest release of FXServer (373-30f80c285c9366a2beece8816cae767148047d0a) on Linux.

Here’s the complete error.

terminating with uncaught exception of type boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::system::system_error> >: boost::random_device: cannot open random-number pseudo-device /dev/urandom: No file descriptors available
Stacktrace:

Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.

I’m getting a different error:

terminating with uncaught exception of type boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injectorboost::system::system_error >: boost::random_device: cannot open random-number pseudo-device /dev/urandom: No file descriptors available
Stacktrace:

Bump
Waiting for someones help

Have the same error too.

Stacktrace:

Seems like this issue has been fixed for me. It’s been some time since I got a sig crash and in my view it seems like vRP was the issue, atleast for our setup. What also seems to cause crashes are resources compiled as dll on fxserver Linux.

I would try removing dll scripts and seeing if any crashes occur :mascot:

How did u fix it this error has been going for awhile