FXServer Linux Memory Leak

There seems to be a memory leak in FXServer when run on Linux. @TheAussie and I have been monitoring test cases related to the announcment of the server: sv_master1

I’m on Centos7:
One server has announcing disabled via sv_master1 "" and the port not open in the firewall.
The other Is using the same server.cfg setup except using normal announcing and the port open in the firewall.

As you can see the server that is announcing is using almost 13x more memory (this is left running approximately 12 hours or so.)

@TheAussie is experiencing the exact same problem on Ubuntu 14.04. He, however, has both ports open. So the issue seems to be specifically related to announcing.

1 Like

Thanks for the report. We’ll look into this, as we have a few theories related to this issue.

Is this fixed yet? Or is there any update on progress?

Should be resolved in build 315.

Thank you @gallium for the hard work. Appreciate the fix.

Somehow it still shutdowns after 24hours @gallium

I will test the latest build and see if the issue is still there.

As of build 318, it’s not fixed.

Been running both for a couple of hours:

1 Like

Yep shutdowns after apprximately 24hours

Sure that’s not a different memory leak? The one that everyone was having (even w/o custom resources) is fixed. This is more likely related to resources you’re running.

The only difference in the two server configs in the above picture is sv_master "" being commented out. It’s using twice as much memory over a few hours of uptime.

I can confirm it’s not fixed on CentOS 6.9 tried with no resources

Will this be fixed anytime soon

1 Like