French server bypass fiveM with a launcher more slot

Hi, I’m watching a steamer and they are testing a server with 168 slot. they bypass fivem with a launcher to connect to their server.

How can they succeed?

They do not, Simple as

to have more slot they have to bypass the fivem server i’m sure,

if not, why a launcher

They dont have to bypass anything, they have to work with getting 180 slots lol, its not going to happen.

They don’t have all players in one spot… they’ve broken down the map into zones and each zone apparently can handle 32 players. That being said there is still a ton of unknowns, if you go into another zone and it’s full with 32 players…what happens? You probably get timed out.

There is no bypassing the cap right now, they’re obviously working on OneSync™ which went decently during some testing, you can see those results on their Twitter.

In the video they used 60 slots. The stress test went over 100 slots, but at least right now you can observe the 32 limitation has been exceeded. The goal is announced at 180 slots, thought it looks like 168 is a more accurate number as it is the max slot annouced, 3 days ago they achieved to be 231 connected. https://twitter.com/AnotherlifeRP/status/1007723030209093633

(lags you can observe in the video are due to streamer’s PC, not to the server)

Stress tests were part of the alpha dev stage and been realized on a basic server, next stages are made on a powerful dedicated server. These tests + mods addition + new server capacity had been positive enough to make the team annouce the beta stage starting July 30. Right now the whitelist is filled and players are creating their characters connecting to the server. So it is very sure it is about to happen.

The project is very ambitious, number of slots being just one part of the huge goal. And technical objectives are just means for a bigger picture that is all about deserving a strong role play. Maybe is it too ambitious… but it looks like the dev team is very competent and works a lot, they are not kidding.

Question is not “is it possible ?” but “how good does it work with all other mods ?”.
Answer will start to be known next month.

Edit… 10 minutes ago they announced that they may get 382 slots thanks to Vanadium if he achieves to get a 64 slot for FiveM. Nothing sure, but if so, theoritically, that may be the next maximum.

Mate yeh they made something cool but you can’t say they went over 32 slots.
Like Hallux said:

They don’t have all players in one spot… they’ve broken down the map into zones and each zone apparently can handle 32 players. That being said there is still a ton of unknowns, if you go into another zone and it’s full with 32 players…what happens? You probably get timed out.

And what’s even the fun with crossing a “border” and having to wait 1-2 minute to get in another server. Because that’s how it works.

Hi :slight_smile:

There are 6 zones : Del Perro Town/ Down Town / Sandy / Tongva / Grapeseed / Paleto

If there are 32 slots by zone it makes 192 slots. So it says two things :
A - Giving a lower number of connected, like 168, gives some room for movements, IF there’s a need for that.
B - Having reached 231 shows the 192 limit, and so the 32 limit by zone, has been exceeded.

I’ve just asked about waiting time crossing borders, and during past stress tests it took between 20 and 30 seconds to load. It has been said that it is quite faster now, maybe thanks to newer, more powerful, servers.

I may be wrong, though I don’t fear much about these loading times but about stability. There are a lot of mods because they want to start with maximum of interactions and I wouldn’t be surprised if there would be some goofy results during the beta. XD

To me the consequences on role playing of having such a crowd may compensate a lot having to wait 10 or 20 seconds between two zones. It surely may not be a good solution for servers dedicated to car racing across the map, but for pure role playing it may be great.

This the new/private ESX Game mode the most i can get out of it is each zone can hold 32 players and if someone enters a full zone i believe they get put in a que or a message pops up saying area is full come back later?? not 100% sure. But the esx developers has limited it to one or two community’s per region.