Frame drops all of a sudden, inconsistent and random

I recently stepped back into FiveM after merely 2 days ago playing it and started to come across frame drops for no apparent reason. Things like driving quickly or heavily populated areas do not affect the issue as a server I’ve tested on “Project Homecoming” typically has all traffic and civilians turned off and this was test when there was one other person in that server.

I have no idea what started this and I’m really frustrated.

GTA V version? The latest just verified integrity today 14/05/2018
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? 1709 (Rolled it back from a recent update as I thought the update was causing issues)
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes and did a full uninstall of Five M
Error screenshot (if any) N/A
System specifications
Windows 10 Home
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700k CPU
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 TI
RAM: 16gb
64bit OS
What did you do to get this issue? Nothing I started up FiveM jumped into a few different servers and started having Frame drops where the day before I didn’t.
What server did you get this issue on?
NoPixel. Project Homecoming. LSLA Fatduck gaming. Are the ones tested all netting the same issue
CitizenFX.log file
Link here to google drive doc: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OctRORhCqqB56JSiJqCmM2HkMMCYdqFi
.dmp files/report IDs
Can’t find any.

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot https://puu.sh/AlV3z/09cd3b64bd.png
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot https://puu.sh/AlV4p/1e83333d86.png
Filepath to FiveM folder D:\FiveM
FiveM client folder screenshot https://puu.sh/AlV2n/1df8d74adf.png
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes

Also add what you already tried so far.
I have tried. Uninstalling Five M and Reinstalling. Stopping the antivirus program’s process. Only have the game running. Adding exceptions to my antivirius for FiveM and all it’s files.

Is your GTA5 modded? if so then verify your game files as FiveM requires a clean installation of FiveM to work correctly.

MY GTAV Is not modded and never has been.

Fill out the template completely.

Not too sure what
“If an issue with starting” means sorry. Am I to provide screencaps of these folders?

You have filled it out correctly now :slight_smile:

Hmm I think this is due to the amount of custom models or there is a bad model that causes the FPS issues.

Can you confirm you don’t get these issues in a pinned server (servers listed in green at the top of the server list).

Hey Syntasu.

Thankyou for the response and sorry for the late reply, yes it does happen I tested it on a server called “Los Santos V. 5.5 Alpha Freeroam Deathmatch” which was coloured as a green server as well as “FiveM Racing - Test Server” I can provide Ip addresses for these if needed.

ALSO Something to note that I didn’t list previously is that it seems to do this only when in a Vehicle and no matter the speed it will randomly drop frames.

I would chalk this up to possibly custom scripts running for vehicles but as tested in the green servers I’m not sure that’s the case. Previously as well quite literally a few days ago I wasn’t having this issue as I’ve said before so I’m quite stumped.

Bumping thread just incase!

BUMPING with new information Previously I had the game in Borderless window Putting the game into windowed 1280 x 960 seems to alleviate some of the issues I am having certain areas that would tank the fps from 60 to 31 in the windowed mode doesn’t do it.

Is anyone able to articulate what this means for me? As in does it correlate with some other issue?

Edit: Also tested in Windowed 1904 x 1041 Areas tested did have small drops (60fps down to 56ish) but weren’t as noticeable as when in borderless window and not as stable when in windowed 1280 x 960

Try putting your graphics settings on the lowest.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.