Flag Replacement Tutorial with Template

Here is a Flag Replacement Template Pack I got ready, with everyflag in including extracted .dds files ready for editing.

There are 2 things you need to edit flags

First is obviously an image editor of your choice capable of editing .dds files.

Next you need Texture Toolkit. You can download that on GTA5-MODS https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/texture-toolkit

Now that you have those downloaded we can begin.

First create a copy of the template and name it what you want. In my case I’ll call it Flag_Tutorial

Now open the DDS file of the flag you want to edit in your image editor. I have included a black with the flagpole hooks still attached.

Now create the flag you want using that size dimension, Im not going to do an image editing tutorial. Alternatively paste an image of an existing flag over it.

Now save it to the flag name that you want to replace AS A DDS. In my case im using prop_flag_us as the name as I am replacing the US flag.

Once saved Open up texture toolkit, load up a flag yft you are replacing (You could replace every flag if you want). There are usually multiple per flag. You do have to do this one at a time.
For US flag replacement it includes: prop_flag_us prop_flag_us_s prop_flag_usboat prop_flagpole_2b

Go to Edit - import - and choose your dds file you created

Save that. Rinse and repeat till you have replaced all the flags you want.

Delete the flags you didnt replace.

Now move that folder to your server resources, and add the start to your your server.cfg. In my case, start Flag_Tutorial

Start/Restart your server and the flag will be there.

Enjoy! Ill be posting a few other flags today! So stay tuned. You can follow me here or on my github for more stuff thats coming, including a few more flags and some small scripts.

9 Likes

Thank you! Will be giving this a try soon.

Also I never noticed having any other flags, so those flags in the screenshot above are all in the game?

yes there is a lot of little details like that that make gta v great

1 Like

Can you put india flag too , please. I don’t know where to get the indian flag .

1 Like

tried doing it im not quite sure what i did do wrong lol when im on texture toolkit then i import i’ll just save right? with renaming it to yft file?

1 Like

Make sure you have it installed
.NET Framework 4.5
Visual C ++ 2013 Runtime x86

Hello can you help me install it on FiveM?

give me chile flags pls

Hi, in this tutorial , you say we need to install a plugin for photoshop… We don’t actually, all i needed was your Texture toolkit (thx btw) , but you’r plugin is useless for this kind of manipulation…

You need to extract directly from the " prop_flags.YTD " the png version of you’r choice (in our case, it was also for replace the US one).

Then, photoshop the .png file, and directly (in Edit mode with OpenIV) replace the " US " one or other, with you’r own modify file.

Finaly, with the texture tool , it’s the same than you’r tutorial exept just need the .dds file version coming directly from you’r OpenIV (modify) file.

That’s it, no need’s extension for Gim’s or Nvidia…

why they said when I load in my server Couldn’t find resource Flag_qc
I have in the folder Flag_qc after a stream document and my yft documents of the prop_flag_us what is wrong here?

i followed your style, but the flag hasn’t change. may i know how exactly your tutorial. help me

your method dont work buddy

don`t work when I download it

How you can replace it in OpenIV ?

hi does anyone know how to find template for v_corp_bk_flag?i want to replace it with my own flag on vinewood police station

hi. im a new player want ask…why i fail connection to join any server? i have try too many times :frowning:

Everytime I open the toolkit and click on “edit” or “file” it just closes anyone know why?

You need to open the flag itself in texture toolkit, not the DDS.

A lot of flags that people have requested are already in the game, you can find them by looking through this website. Here are the search results for flag

I would probably recommend replacing the boat flags, as nobody seems to be using them.

LIFE SAVER! BRO thats all i needed!

hey mate, we’re you able to find a solution to this?