— TO SEE THE FIX, LOOK AT MY SECOND REPLY TO THIS POST–
GTA V version?
GTA5.exe’s product version says 1.0.1365.1
Up to date?
Legit or Pirate copy?
Edition: Windows 10 Pro N (I have installed the MS Media Pack required to be able to run GTAV when using a “N” version of Windows)
OS Build: 16299.309
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
haven’t gotten to that point because i cannot finish downloading the required client files
Error screenshot (if any)
One of 3 errors may appear when I execute (not on administrator) the FiveM.exe file:
this one is the most likely to appear, almost instantly after I execute the file
this one appears some times after the same amount of time
this one is the rarest, but when it appears, the PC seems to think a bit more before displaying the error
after seeing this reply to a post with a similar problem, i tried downlaoding the mentioned fix and spamming Open on FiveM.exe and got this:
Seems like FiveM COULD check my game and bootstrapper version and went on do download the client
but right before the download finished I got this error:
Note: After retrying this process from the beginning another time, the download failed on the file GTA_V_Launcher_1_0_1290_2 instead:
now (after the failed client download) if i try to exec FiveM.exe without spamming it, this error may pop up:
and this one too:
besides the other 3 ones i’ve mentioned before when trying to execute FiveM.exe
and if i spam FiveM.exe it tries to redownload the entire client as seen before. And if I proceed with the download, it fails at the very end once again
After some tries, it was able to complete the download and instantly threw this error:
Now, when i try executing FiveM.exe again, the 3 first errors alternate spamming the executable or not.
I know that “Could not load CitizenGame.dll” happens when you try to launch more than one instance of FiveM, which was not the case when the download finished (checked the task manager and there was only one FiveM process there)
then I tried deleting only the FiveM executable and downloading a new one (like this same post suggested) and got this error:
- Gigabyte Motherboard B85M-D3PH
- EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SC GDDR5 PCI-E 3.0 not overclocked or tempered with
- Intel Core i5-4670 3.4Ghz with stock cooler and not tempered with
- 8GB RAM (2 × 4GB RAM Cards)
- SanDisk SDSSDA120G 120GB SATA SSD as Boot Drive (where Windows and Steam is Installed)
- Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB SATA HDD as Storage Drive (where GTAV and FiveM are stored)
- Logitech G700s on 1800 DPI
- Steelseries Siberia V2 CSGO Edition
- Wacom Intuos Small
- Shitty, Membrane, Logitech Keyboard
For more information, here is my System Information file exported:
sysinfo.txt (48.1 KB)
What did you do to get this issue?
Execute FiveM.exe for the first time
What server did you get this issue on?
none, executing the base launcher
CitizenFX.log.3 (201 Bytes)
CitizenFX.log (201 Bytes)
CitizenFX.log.6 (201 Bytes)
CitizenFX.log.1 (201 Bytes)
CitizenFX.log.4 (201 Bytes)
CitizenFX.log.4 (201 Bytes)
CitizenFX.log.3 (201 Bytes)
CitizenFX.log.2 (201 Bytes)
CitizenFX.log.5 (402 Bytes)
.dmp files/report IDs
I did not find any .dmp files in the FiveM install folder
If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot
D:\Jogos\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder
FiveM client folder screenshot
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
Yes, I’ve also checked my Firewall exceptions
- I WAS able to play FiveM before, and left it untouched for maybe 2 or 3 months, when I got unfairly banned from GTA:O in this recent banwave, I decided to jump back on FiveM, that’s when i got the 3 first errors described.
- On my PC, the “Users” folder is not located in the same drive as the rest of the Windows, u dislocated it while installing windows and it haven’t given any problems in 3 years of use. I just thought i should mention it since the Appdata folder is located inside my user’s folder.
- I do not have problems connecting to any other games or services over the internet
- I tried executing the patch files located in FiveM\FiveM.app\cache\game and they game me a error saying i did not have the game installed, I fixed this by following this tutorial. But there was no effect in the FiveM problem
Also add what you already tried so far.
These actions were tried in the order they are being presented
- Checked on the FiveM discord server if there was any connection problems going on -> no connection problems
- Checked if i can access runtime.fivem.net/client -> I do but got a 403 Forbidden Error, which this answer says is the expected behavior.
- Disabling Windows Defender and checking for Firewall exceptions -> No change
- Deleted GTA:V completely and re-downloaded it -> No change
- Deleted all files related to FiveM and started again -> No change
- Tried this fix by downloading the mentioned program and spamming the executable -> I was able to make the game TRY and (supposedly) eventually succeed downloading the client files.
- Checked if CitizenFX really pointed to the right directory -> it did
- Checked drivers, restarted the PC, stopped every process and unplugged every peripheral that was unnecessary -> No Change
- Tried to execute in compatibility mode with Win 7 AND win 8 -> No change
- FORMATING THE FCKEN PC ( I was already gonna do that) then only installing GTA:V and FiveM, launching GTA:V for the first time, closing it, and redoing everything from 1 to 7 -> NO CHANGE
- Deleted only the FiveM.exe executable and downloaded a new one -> got and error downloading the CitizenFX.exe.xz with CURLcode 0x38
- executed both patched present in
FiveM\FiveM.app\cache\game-> No change
What I’ve yet to try:
- Installing everything in a different machine under the same network
- Moving my PC to a different network and running it there (or using a VPN)