**FiveM Review(Honest opinion)**

To start off, FiveM compared to other platforms is probably the most fun and easiest to understand(at least for me), started playing randomly in 2017 then I started creating my own server in 2018 and joining the forums then.

As someone that has 900 hours in GTA Online,
FiveM is giving me a better experience than those hours in online, it gives you the opportunity to play something different or something that Rockstar Games will never put in their game(like dlcs, updates and other), of course you can say that the “quality” is not as Rockstar, true, very true, but I’ve seen more creative players and developers from a modding platform than Rockstar developers. I have explored a lot of the platform and in the end roleplaying is my favorite, most public servers are 3/10 or very bad, but if you join private servers or servers with people that actually care its a wonderful experience(for me if you like screwing around not caring about hardcore RP its okay too we are in a free nation).

Now about that uhm “technical problems”, FiveM can run very smooth but also very BAD OH MY GOD THE TIMES I WANTED TO SMASH MY SCREEN, the game can ruin a good RP experience with a crash making you lose a lot of progress.

Now I mentioned that I have server, yep, I do and it is fun and depressing at the same time, being a beginner is the depressing part, I know there the docs and whatever, but if someone just started from 0 (and excuse my language) but those docs don’t do shit, I learned more by looking a already made script, modifying them, reading them or at least try to create something similar to have practice and memory on what to do.

Also scripts can be very fragile, one thing like a freaking ( and everything JUST DIES, also for someone that is pro C# I personally dislike lua and I think is very old feeling I suggest using C# for performance and less flaws overall.

Vehicles can also be touchy especially emergency vehicles, non-els and els the thing of the maximum of kb and all of that is annoying and kind of wastes your time(again this all my opinion you can think whatever you want). FiveM has its many flaws and problems at least I hope OneSync and all the future projects will fix what is going on right now because some of the crashes, errors and problems in general are stupid and ridiculous(and annoying).

Also some of the things in Patreon are to be looked at, I get maybe the early access and OneSync but 20 to 50 dollars A MONTH? WHATTA? Is this Comcast services or a GTA5 modding platform? I mean my name is not corporate commander but jesus at least the expensive stuff make it one time payment, heck I can get a full cad/mdt like doj for $10 one time payment, this is kind of absurd and a big spending for just a modding platform which the base of the game is of another company(I get it that there are donations, but I don’t you I don’t have many mini-rockefellers that give me $50 each), my suggestion will be lower the prices or keep these and make it one time payment(maybe just the 50 dollar one), also because in one year with the $50 dollar option I would pay $600, bruh. Like I specified this a honest opinion and you can think whatever you want, to finish that patreon thing and I know very well so I am not pushing for it I am just thinking that is better, things like EUP and like the colored name should be free and a given and not behind a pay wall, please at least those small things.

To summarize and conclude everything, fun platform, many modes, maybe RP is becoming overdone(I like it anyway or else I wouldn’t open a server), some bugs and problems are hilarious and annoying at the same time I hope there will be a large fix(you know mexico-rose-crap errors), looking forward to OneSync, patreon needs a look and a fix to prices, maybe development should be explained more for new people, those docs don’t help at all I’m sorry but they really don’t(maybe some people don’t have problems just my opinion), so maybe video tutorials could be something, lots of people learning other programs prefer watching youtube tutorials then reading an essay that seems rocket science which is not.

Maybe releasing EUP and other small things to all servers once and for all and maybe update it in the long run but don’t make it wait, because by judging from OCRP and other popular servers don’t seem to have problems(lets be real now).And yeah it was a long review, but at least I spoke my voice, still having a great time despite the current problems for client and server.

My final verdict for the current FiveM 3/11/2019 will be a 7.5/10 it has its potential and I am sure things like OneSync and other big updates can raise it to a good 8/10 or 9/10. I am open to any comments, this was my honest opinion about FiveM.

2 Likes

Paragraphs. Learn them. Love them. Use them.

4 Likes

Have you every heard of this FANTASTIC button located on your keyboard called the ‘enter’ key? You should really give it a shot once in a while.

Edit: Thanks for making this post readable OP.

2 Likes

Well i don’t see any topics about these issues of you? Ever thought about reporting them?

I was talking about crashes in general, plus I think that is not something you can fix as a person

I get it need to have paragraphs, was writing in a random place, trying to fix it now

1 Like

Also there might be typos, this is not a article for congress, I apologize in case someone is very precise about grammar.

Nobody seems to care about your grammar but we do assume that you wrote it with the intention of having others read it. Cramming a book into a run-on sentence makes that nearly impossible.

1 Like

Thats why I fixed it is my fault, problem resolved

I guess it depends singularly, but still now that small crashes happens which I don’t care too much but sometimes they are annoying

Then it should specify instead of saying rome-mexico-rose which is totally random name

It’s random to you but it’s a meaningful code to those that you’re supposed to report it to, as is instructed in the pop-up error box.

what they heck did i just click on?

You’re acting like people are attacking you. This is a discussion forum. It’s intention is to allow people to discuss things. Others are allowed their opinion as well.

Just realizing, my writing really sucks, thats what happens when you are not native neglish

Anyway I am going to shut up now, I just wanted to speak my mind of my experience

in the end roleplaying is my favorite, most public servers are 3/10 or very bad

please do remember, FiveM is/was not mean to be for ONLY roleplaying. There are many other servers such as Transport Tycoon, iluvlc, etc.

the game can ruin a good RP experience with a crash making you lose a lot of progress.

again FiveM is not meant for only roleplaying.

but those docs don’t do shit, I learned more by looking a already made script

everyone learns differently. the docs are really meant for when you want more information/usage on a certain function etc. There is a good basic scripting tutorial on the docs, and there is even an example script. https://docs.fivem.net/scripting-manual/introduction/creating-your-first-script/

FiveM has its many flaws and problems at least I hope OneSync and all the future projects will fix what is going on right now because some of the crashes, errors and problems in general are stupid and ridiculous(and annoying)

FiveM has actually been running pretty smoothly over the past few months. If you have errors and problems then either you have a lot of client side ASI mods, or the scripts on the server you’re playing on are terrible. You should report the issues/crashes you have instead of complaining about FiveM being “terrible”.

OneSync but 20 to 50 dollars A MONTH? WHATTA? Is this Comcast services or a GTA5 modding platform?

A lot of work is being put into OneSync. Also, this is a GTA V modding platform. Unfortunately, I agree with you. We can all agree that a lot of little kids play FiveM. They run to mommy and daddy and beg for their credit card. They should lower the prices a little bit, and more people would probably donate. Like I quoted here: FiveM Progress Report - February 2019 Something is supposedly changing soon with paid resources/cars/scripts or something like that. Not sure if it applies to OneSync/EUP though. You can read about OneSync here: The OneSync EAP and you I do agree that they should at least lower the prices, but hey ¯_(ツ)_/¯ can’t be a choosing beggar.

things like EUP and like the colored name should be free and a given and not behind a pay wall

These are small tokens of appreciation to the people who support the developers of FiveM. They have been putting a lot of hard work into FiveM and now the OneSync project. Good things take time.

maybe RP is becoming overdone

drinking game, take a shot every time you see a server called “California Highway Patrol”
disclaimer: i dont encourage underage drinking

those docs don’t help at all I’m sorry but they really don’t

They really do help beginners in scripting. It’s really just you.

OCRP and other popular servers don’t seem to have problems(lets be real now)

Most popular servers have adults running them. Proper rules/guidelines in place, and actually punish people for breaking the rules. Most non-popular roleplay servers are little kids, who constantly tag everyone asking to subscribe to their YouTube channel, or for other various bullshit reasons. They usually have no rules, they have like 99 text and 99 voice channels, etc. etc. That’s why you see so many small servers with less than 50 people, it’s because everyone wants power(staff/admin) and nobody is getting it, so they usually hop around servers until they get what they want. I agree that is is ridiculous but again, there is not much we do.

In summary you basically complained about these things:

• People supporting FiveM/CitizenFX by donating for their hard work on FiveM/OneSync and recieving small ‘rewards’ for their doing-so.
  • RP servers
  • FiveM crashing/problems
  • FiveM scripting documentation being shitty.
  • and for some reason compared the price of one month pledging on Pateron to the price of a DOJ CAD.

Sorry that RP servers are fucking trash. There is really nothing anyone can do.

Report the issues you have with FiveM crashing here: https://forum.cfx.re/c/technical-support

The FiveM scripting documentation/native references are actually pretty helpful. I think you haven’t scripted enough to realize it. (you pretty much said you only edit existing scripts)

1 Like

Let’s refrain from derailing this topic and going completely off topic.

1 Like

The editing scripts is for practicing myself, then I try to create stuff on my own but it takes some time

anyway going back on topic :stuck_out_tongue: are you looking for help scripting or what?