I was having this issue as well. My windows went through an update and then FiveM wouldn’t work.
I found a workaround that worked for me so I thought I’d share.
- Open up Windows Defender Firewall
- Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall
- Change Settings
- Remove all FiveM from permissions
- Press Ok
- Exit Windows Defender Firewall
- Launch FiveM
- Allow FiveM to access public and private networks through Windows Defender Firewall.
I hope this helps!
EDIT: So this appears to have only worked on one occurrence. I’m back to the orange splash screen so my suggestion doesn’t seem to have worked.
EDIT 2: So it seems that if you let it sit on the Orange screen long enough, it will eventually load. I let it sit for about 2 or 3 minutes and it finally worked. I’ve had success replicating that a few times. I’d suggest letting it sit on the orange screen undisturbed for a few minutes to see if it eventually loads up.