FiveM Not loading/Starting

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version?

Up to date?
Yes

Legit or Pirate copy?
Legit

Steam/CD/Social Club?
Social Club

Windows version?
Windows 10 Pro
Version: 1709
OS Build: 16299.248

Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
Yes

Error screenshot (if any)
None

System specifications
specifications
graphic%20specs

What did you do to get this issue?
Nothing but starting the game after installation

What server did you get this issue on?
The game didn’t even start

CitizenFX.log file
CitizenFX.log (57.5 KB)

.dmp files/report IDs
None

If an issue with starting:

GTA V folder screenshot

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

Filepath to FiveM folder
D:\Games\FiveM

FiveM client folder screenshot

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
It’s Windows Defender which I’ve disabled

Also add what you already tried so far.

• Reinstalling GTA V
  • Reinstalling FiveM
  • Reinstalling Steam
  • Reinstalling Nvidia Drivers
  • Deinstalling MSI GamingApp
  • Turning of Windows Insider Program and go back to normal Windows
  • Disconnecting my Drawing Tablet
  • Disconnecting 1 of my dual screens
  • Disabling Firewall
  • Allowing FiveM through the Firewall and as an exception in Windows Defender
  • Restarting my pc
  • Cleaning cache

Side note

• It won’t get past this screen:

• Running as an administrator prompts this message and closes the launcher:
    that

• Putting the Launcher_Skip file that gets created after an successful launch in the cache folder makes the game load but then gets stuck on joining whatever server. Deleting my cache after that with the exception of the Game folder makes me get stuck on the above loading screen again.

Can someone please help me out? I really want to play this game. Thanks in advance!

I just installed and had the same problem. Maybe a problem with FiveM, or we are both doing something wrong.

this typically has something to do with software doing system-level hooking that conflicts with something, if possible could you ‘create dump’ from task manager on the FiveM_ROSLauncher process when this is happening, compress the dump, and upload it somewhere?

@cuprum Sorry that I haven’t responded yet, I was busy with work and some other chores preventing me from running the game and posting the dumpfile before. As soon as I get home today I’ll try and run the game.

(P.s. Before I make mistakes. Did you mean just the normal FiveM.exe file? Because I know from past experiences that’s the only one that ever popped up in my task manager like 4-6 times)

there should be different names for each process on the ‘details’ tab.

@ytterbium @cuprum Oh right my bad xD, I was looking at the Processes tab derp! Anyway, here’s a link to my .DMP file as it’s way to big to upload here (527.1 MB): https://we.tl/8sG6JGzsD5

odd, nothing looks out of the ordinary there :open_mouth:

hard to tell what could be causing this, these issues randomly pop up for random people and we haven’t pinpointed any cause yet :confused:

Yeah and even weirder, I have a laptop too that can’t really play games as it gets too hot and choppy and ends up shutting itself down.

For testing purposes I installed GTA V and FiveM on it and guess what? It started up and could log into servers…so it’s not my internet nor Anti Virus + Firewall as both pc’s run the same windows builds and stock software.

But yeah my laptop can’t handle games without overheating and shutting down on itself. Any clue on how to figure out what makes my desktop different from the laptop? Or clues in what to look/check for to make FiveM work? I really would love to play it.

Nobody has a clue to get this to work? I really, really want to play FiveM.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.