FiveM .NET Framework error

I also have this issue now. Won’t be able to upgrade for Windows 10 for a long time. Guess I will have to find another game for now…

Same here. Upgrading to Windows 10 is not an option. :sob: :sob:

That installer is not giving me a repair option: https://i.imgur.com/9tBYF0i.png
EDIT: I downloaded the installer for the latest .NET and it did give me the option to repair. It did not resolve the issue, however.

Also, I really don’t understand why the devs are shitting so much on Windows 7; equally many people are still on Windows 7 as are on the new Windows 10.

https://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

I appreciate everything you guys are doing, would be incredibly happy if you can figure this one out.

3 Likes

This issue is definitely Windows 7. I am lucky and I have not been affected (yet), but my friend just was. From my understanding, FiveM is being developed on Windows 10. I’d say that about 40-60% of everyone that plays FiveM still has Windows 7 and prefers it over Windows 10.

Will there be the possibility for a fix for Windows 7 in the near future, despite the fact that FiveM is being developed on Windows 10? Also, if it is possible, what would be an extremely rough time frame?

Appreciate the hard work you guys put into the development of FiveM. Just keep in mind that most of your consumers still run Windows 7.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

The FIX IS TO GET WINDOWS 10!!! CLOSE THIS.

It worked on win 7 before this small patch, wich means that it is the patch :wink:

Then why does it work fine on Windows 8.1 and 10? :wink:

Website stats:

In-game stats:

For the in-game stuff - XP/Unknown are detection flaws or compatibility mode (same as 8), actual Windows 7 population is lower due to people who use compatibility mode.

Also, can any of you people post your CitizenFX.log so we can figure out why it doesn’t work?

Same error, fivem can’t launch on windows 7 since last patch.

“Failed to invoke GetStringLength w/hr 0x80131604” is what I am getting as well in addition to the CLR error. I don’t think the last error the above guy is getting is relevant to this particular issue. Maybe the GetStringLength is irrelevant too.

CitizenFX.log (695 Bytes)

With regards to the stats, I guess that’s true. Gamers probably much more incentivized to upgrade to Win10 with newer DirectX and whatnot. In general Win7 is far from obsolete though.

1 Like

FIx this utter shit. How can you just exclude windows 7 idiots like myself? Just because we are dipshit plebs without windows 10 you deny us access? Well hot damn boys grab your pitch forks its time to go to the front lines!

1 Like

This seems to be fixed now. Thanks sooo much devs for all the work you do.

Also @Gibblefish, holy fishsticks, calm yourself. I’d say berating the devs is a pretty good way to get the opposite of what you want.

1 Like

[Window Title]
FiveM Fatal Error

[Main Instruction]
FiveM has encountered an error

[Content]
Could not initialize the Common Language Runtime for validation. Make sure you’ve installed the .NET Framework 4.0 or higher.
System.ArgumentException: Impossible de trouver la police ‘?’.
à System.Drawing.FontFamily.GetGdipGenericSansSerif()
à System.Drawing.SystemFonts.get_DefaultFont()
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_DefaultFont()
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Font()
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_FontHeight()
à System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.get_PreferredHeight()
à System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.get_DefaultSize()
à System.Windows.Forms.Control…ctor(Boolean autoInstallSyncContext)
à System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase…ctor()
à OwnershipUI.Form1.InitializeComponent()
à OwnershipUI.Form1…ctor()
à OwnershipUI.InitUX.Run(String arg)
à OwnershipUI.InitUX.Main(String arg)

If you require immediate support, please visit FiveM.net and mention the details in this window.

[V] Voir les détails [Fermer]

[Expanded Information]
Crash ID: 0823548f-9a67-4afa-b936-8b5ef5e89606 (use Ctrl+C to copy)

I’m on windows 10 now everything is fixed

haha yep, for anyone still on 7 that REALLY wants to play FiveM, just get yourself Windows 10. Got a key for only 30 bucks. If you dont REALLY want to play, you wont upgrade.

I know a place you can get windows 10 for free so If anyone wants it let me know and I can link it for you.

The bug with Windows 7 has been patched and fixed. Thank you developers. <3

1 Like

@googamalugafoo There is a particular piece of software (Dolby Home Theater v4) that I cannot live without that does not function correctly on Windows 10. If not for that I would not have any issue upgrading.