FiveM Freezes whole PC

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version? most recent
Up to date? yup
Legit or Pirate copy? legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? social club
Windows version? also most recent
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? yup
Error screenshot (if any) nope
System specifications none
What did you do to get this issue? launched fivem in fullscreen
What server did you get this issue on? none, just fivem itself
CitizenFX.log file
.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder
FiveM client folder screenshot
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?

Also add what you already tried so far.
Ye so, I cleared my cache, but basically what’s happening is today I launched FiveM, and before it even fully opened, it crashed my PC. Froze it, and I had to literally do a force shutdown by holding my pc’s power button. Then I launched FiveM again, it worked. I hit ALT+ENTER to go into full screen (which was working fine for the past 3 weeks) and boom! PC Freezes. It then happened again. I have an i9-9900k, 32 GB of Ram, RTX 2080, 2 TB of storage. I don’t know what would be causing this but it’s hella annoying and I need a fix.

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

i just updated my fivem and tried to launch and it freezes immediately at launch, i also had to turn it off by holding power button. Next i tried reinstalling while deleting any residual registry etc… it still freezes while it sometimes works but freezes again when i exit and i try to enter again…

That’s the exact same thing that’s been happening to me. I’ve played FiveM for a couple years and I’ve returned in 2019 with my new pc, and in previous years this has never occurred, not once.

The latest NVIDIA 436 series drivers have some issues with GTA V and I’d presume FiveM is affected by that as well. Either upgrade to the 440 beta drivers or downgrade back to 431.

1 Like

I updated my drivers, works now. Thanks! :stuck_out_tongue:

I take that back, as soon as FiveM updated yesterday with the new steam api stuff it broke. Still having problems.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.