FiveM files keep removing themselves

Hello, I’ve been having a bit of a trouble installing fiveM but lets start from the beginning.
Some day my fiveM just dissapeared from my desktop so i tryed to reinstall it. whenever i install it i get the notification i don’t have enough rights to the download and it just doesn’t download. i got past this issue now but whenever i install it and try to launch it it will do some updates. after the updates are done it just removes every single FiveM file from my pc. I don’t know what to do… If anyone has some tips pls just help me out a bit.
Have a nice day

-FiveM user

GTA V version? /
**Up to date?**Yes
**Legit or Pirate copy?**Legit, I bought it from Steam
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Windows 10 64bit
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? No i did not.
Error screenshot (if any) /
System specifications /
What did you do to get this issue? /
What server did you get this issue on? /
CitizenFX.log file /
.dmp files/report IDs /

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder
FiveM client folder screenshot
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?

Also add what you already tried so far.
-deinstall FiveM
-install/reinstall FiveM
-go trough the windows+R key (%localappdata%) and delete FiveM
-resetting my PC
-looking up my problem (wasn’t able to find anyone that could explain me how to get past the problems)

It being your antivirus software. FiveM can’t delete itself.

This is why this question is in the template so you go ahead and try it.

1 Like

I have never bought an antivirus or anything and my windows virus settings are all off, it’s been like this for the past years so if they are good like this, then that’s not the problem I’m afraid :frowning:

it would be the only reason for it to be removing itself, if you got a spyware/maleware scanner also turn it off.

1 Like

McAfee VirusScan

1 Like

Yh, i just removed every single unused file of my pc and it works now but it loads the fiveM client and then just dissapears, doesn’t show up anymore =( I don’t understand these things xD

Looks like mcafee isn’t removed right, also some prebuilt pc’s ship with antivirus. Download the mcafee removal tool http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

1 Like

okay let me give that a try :slight_smile:

Uhm no it still says: Failed - unsufficient rights
dunno what’s up with this.

What is your download folder set to? And are you using a administrator user account?

what do you mean with “set to”? and nope

but i got it to install rn, it just downloads and when it’s finished it doesn’t launch FiveM at all and then like a couple of sec afterwards the files just all dissapear

I just don’t understand that it worked before but now since the most reacent update added to FiveM i just can’t download it anymore.

I fixed the problem :smiley: Now I’m Happy! yey

Please share how you fixed the problem so that others might benefit from your success in the future.

Apparently my avast security was on so i couldn’t download it and I just found the problem why my FiveM didn’t fire up ,the problem was i had an outdated gta offline mod in my gtav files so it couldn’t be launched :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.