Up to date?
Yes (via Steam)

Legit or Pirate copy?
Legit

Steam/CD/Social Club?
Steam

Windows version?
Windows 10 Pro v.1703

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
Yes, Windows Defender and Firewall.

Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
Yes

Error screenshot
There is no dialog box for the error, or a specific image for it.

GTA V folder screenshot

Filepath to FiveM folder
C:\Users\Winy Carvalho\AppData\Local\FiveM

FiveM client folder screenshot

System specifications
Processor: Intel i7 4790k Stock
RAM: 16GB
VGA: NVIDIA GTX 970
SSD: 60GB (System)
HD: 1TB (Steam/Games/GTA V)

CitizenFX.log file
CitizenFX.log (1.8 KB)

.dmp files/crash IDs
none

Summary:

Apparently the problem is linked to failure to open some processes.
I noticed this by looking at the processes that are opened in the task manager every time I startup FiveM.
I will explain the situations I have observed:

1 - If I open only FiveM, four processes are started in the task manager, but one of them closes quickly leaving only three, and after a few seconds all are closed and nothing else happens:

Four Process:

The three remaining processes:

2 - I open the game on Steam and after the Social Club connects to my profile I open FiveM over the game. With this, another process is opened in the task manager (FiveM_ChromeBrowser), however, if I try to connect to any server, I can not get past the server loading screen:

3 - After several attempts, at one time or another, the necessary processes are opened in a totally mysterious way (one in a thousand attempts). And when that happens, I noticed that these are the processes that seemingly must be open for the game to run normally and I can connect to any server:

Conclusion:

Therefore, I believe that the problem is linked to a failure in the execution of the Social Club. And these are the processes that not open and generate all the problems:

I beg for the gods that somebody help me! I’m about to cut my wrists if FiveM does not open!

I have had this problem since downloading FiveM back at the beginning of May, I read many forum post about this but no real conclusion of why this happens. As of right now there is no fix to this. The only thing that works 95% of the time is to restart my computer, which gets to be a pain in the ass. The other fix is to end the FiveM processor and try again, sometimes this works sometimes it don’t.

If you find any fix to this matter please share!
Thanks.

1 Like

I saw in a forum from the server which i play, the user formatted his PC and apparently did not have the problem any more.

I will take this drastic measure today. And anything I’ll report back here.

It is not possible to accept that people are able to run the application without any problem. It’s ridiculous to have to do any impromptu methods.

As of today i’m noticing even restarting the computer may or may not fix the problem. Be four it did fix the issue, however after the first successful launch you would not be able to launch it again. Something else to bring up. Everytime I open FiveM and close it down later my computer will not shutdown… I know this is FiveM because i can use my computer the whole day shut it down perfectly if FiveM was not launched. I also tested this to make sure it was caused by FiveM by launching it, closing it and shutting down the computer (I have to manually shut it down).

It would be fantastic to get a real answer to this, as for the other forum post i have read it’s like everyone is silent because they don’t know how to fix it.

What is this ‘Disabled’ folder in your GTA V folder?

There was nothing in her.

I saw one person in another forum giving this solution and I decided to test and to my surprise, IT WORKED !!!

It sounds like an extremist solution but it worked perfectly for me.

FORMAT WINDOWS!!! Just this!!!

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.