Fivem DDos protect

Hi all. i have a question. is there a plugin for dos/flood protect for fivem? my server is under dos or flood attack but when i check vds attack logs i dont see any unormal packets. maybe there is a plugin for fivem looklike sourcemod dosprotect

Well a game server cannot be targeted without the entire server being hit so that makes no sense whatsoever.

4 Likes

That is because we literally can’t do anything against DDoS attacks. It’s your server itself getting attacked and not the FiveM server itself. It is up to the provider to protect you from DDoS attacks and not us.

I mean, if the only port you have allowed open is the fivem server port even with a properly configured router, the server will receive the information, which would leave it open for an attack. However, like you also mentioned it is up to your provider to have a good enough infrastructure to be able to handle such attacks… The only real solution is huge amounts of bandwidth available at any given point in time and also active monitoring that can automatically block the offending ip addresses in real time.

1 Like