Up to date?
Yes
Legit or Pirate copy?
Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club?
clones1252
Windows version?
Up to date
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
Yes
Error screenshot (if any)
N/A
System specifications
i7-8700k
GTX 1080ti
16GB RAM
What did you do to get this issue?
Nothing, FiveM randomly times out and then crashes my router. This is the only application which does it.
What server did you get this issue on?
LSLA
CitizenFX.log file
[ 0] Detected NVIDIA Node, attempting to query ShadowPlay status…
[ 219] NvNode claims ShadowPlay is disabled, bailing out.
[ 426234] Initialized system mapping!
[ 426984] CitizenFX Steam child starting - command line: “C:\Users\Nick\Downloads\FiveM.exe”
[ 427297] hello from “C:\Users\Nick\Downloads\FiveM.exe”
[ 427328] Creating ros:legit process failed - 2
[ 0] hello from “C:\Users\Nick\Documents\FiveM.app\FiveM.com”
[ 188] Got ros:legit process - pid 18956
[ 532] hello from “C:\Users\Nick\Documents\FiveM.app\cache\subprocess\FiveM_ROSLauncher” ros:legit --parent_pid=10816 “D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAVLauncher.exe”
[ 2750] Got ros:launcher process - pid 14024
[ 2813] MumbleAudioInput::InitializeAudioDevice: Initialized audio capture device.
[ 2922] C:\Users\Nick\Documents\FiveM.app\citizen\clr2\lib\mono\4.5 CitizenFX.Core.pdb is not a platform image (even though the dir matches).
[ 3094] hello from “C:\Users\Nick\Documents\FiveM.app\cache\subprocess\FiveM_ROSLauncher” ros:launcher --parent_pid=10816 “D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAVLauncher.exe”
[ 3172] launcher! “C:\Users\Nick\Documents\FiveM.app\cache\subprocess\FiveM_ROSLauncher” ros:launcher --parent_pid=10816 “D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAVLauncher.exe”

Any assistance would be appreciated. It’s been reported on another thread (Fivem is ruining my internet connection)

I believe this is a genuine issue, not something with “my” internet.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

How can it be that 100,000+ players play without experiencing this issue every day, then?

1 Like

Not sure, but why would other players be reporting it also? It also is only FiveM, not GTA V or R6S or anything else.

I have a similar problem, when I enter in any server my ping get to 800 ms and I have this problem only with fivem

Any proof that it crashes your “router”, or are you using some wrong terminology here?

Also, what are your internet connection speeds?

I’ve never had problems after the last update they did

And that provides us with zero info about the potential issue. Blaming “the last update” is just ridiculous useless. Instead help us to find the culprit of this issue instead of making invalid accusations due to a series of events.

How can I give you more information?

6.8 Mbps

I have a 10 mega connection and fivem use the whole band. I didn’t have problems before, it used only 0.3 mbps

So basically, the whole situation explained;

When playing on servers, I will sometimes experience a timeout. This timeout immediately stops my computers internet from working for around 15 seconds, then my computer will reconnect. If I connect to any other network during that 15 second timeout(such as my non 5G WIFI network) my internet will return to normal, until the next timeout. Upon the next timeout, as my internet had already crashed with the 5G Network, the whole router goes down, with nobody in the house able to use any internet. This was happening with one of the previous updates, but hadn’t occurred for a while. It has since popped up since 2 days ago.

Summary;
If I switch to another network during the timeout, it renders the network I was previously on “down”. Once my secondary network goes to timeout, my whole router will stop supplying internet, until I go and reset it.

My internet speeds are perfectly suitable at 40MPBS+.

Regards,
Nick

(also, here’s an image of my internet speeds from fast.com. I’m in Australia, making American servers and such slower with my internet as they’re much further away.)

I highly doubt FiveM is actively causing this. Maybe high bandwidth usages causes your router to do this.
Very likely to be an issue with the router itself, as more people seems to have issue with internet cutting out when playing games (and all stating that software cannot crash a router):

A few examples:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1935661/games-internet-cut.html
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745804395?page=1
https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/1/624076027806779661/

You probably should update your routers firmware and look through the logs for something that could case this issue (i.e. error messages).

Actually, I’ve been having this issue myself. I’ve had my router replaced several times in the past month in a half.

I stream, been doing this since April of last year. A little over a month ago, ONLY when I’m streaming FiveM, my internet on the computer crashes, NOT my router, not my internet for the entire house. Just my computer. 10 - 15 seconds tops. ONLY when I have FiveM working. Now I can stream any other game…for hours, with no issues. I can’t stream FiveM for more than 6 minutes before it crashes. So explain to me how you think or are stating that FiveM is innocent 100% when I don’t have the issue with any other game.

Thanks,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.