Fivem cannot locate gta5 exe and missing citizensfx file on recent download

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

**GTA V version?**disc
**Up to date?**yes
**Legit or Pirate copy?**legit
**Steam/CD/Social Club?**cd
**Windows version?**10 pro
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
**Error screenshot (if any)**no
System specifications
What did you do to get this issue?
What server did you get this issue on?
CitizenFX.log filenot there
.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder
FiveM client folder screenshot
**Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?**no

Also add what you already tried so far.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Goto %localappdata%\FiveM\FiveM.app

Now either look for a file called CitizenFX.ini or create it. In there have the following

[Game]
IVPath=C:\your\gta5\path\here

Make sure you have GTA5 installed too

(typed from phone so I might have fucked up a capital letter in the ini or forget something)

1 Like

I will try just cleared cache didn’t work

how do I create a new one

no citizen files ini or fx

You open notepad, paste the content I gave you. Then change the path to your gtav path

Then save as, make sure to select “all file types” (or something) and save as CitizenFX.ini not .ini.txt in the fivem folder (see above)

createdfxini cleared catch selected properties copy start in still nothing

Please show the file

idk how to screen shot is there easier way to contact u I cant figure this shit out iven trying to for 48 hours

You literally press the prtscn key on your keyboard and press Ctrl v while the “reply” editor is open

I have no idea what ur talking about

what is prtscn?

I just got windows pro 10 today

Open the notepad window, look at your keyboard and look for the key [prtscn] press it, then switch back to the forum and click on “reply” now press on your keyboard CTRL and v at the same time

did that nothing happened

Please Google, how to take a screenshot

1. It has to be called CitizenFX.ini not citizenfx.ini
  2. I gave you an example above what should be in it, you only have to replace the C:\path\to\gta5 to your own gta5 installation without “”
  3. It should be path to the folder so remove the playgtav.exe at the end

I tryed everything you said still didn’t work I ran out of thread last night I have my own gta actual disc when I re do it fivem the same it locate the folder but no files in folders as in no gta5exe exsist