Ethical rather than technical

Hello FiveM Tech Support Team!

I have got diffrent question, it is rather ethical than technical.
We have built a community which was supporting us when server was under development. They donated us to rent a proper server till server launch. To thank them we want to give them something special, for example a car which will be only available to buy in GTA car dealer for donators from time before server launch. It is non profit community server, so we do not earn money for it. I know that FiveM policy is that we can not use it for profit. This car will be only available for people who supported us before launch.
Is it ok with FiveM policy?
Cheers

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

fivem just cares about you not making PROFIT out of your server, if you wanna give an ingame item to people who donated, that’s fine, as long as you dont get more money than your server’s monthly cost.

@IceHax thanks for reply! I need also confirmation from @Boss

what? why Boss??? :thinking: i litterally gave you the answer right there, and also fivem’s ToS are one of the easiest-to-read ToS ever…

also, just so you know, boss hasn’t been here in the past year or so, not sure why you need confirmation from him.

the ToS clearly states you can not go past your acute cost’s so as long as you are not profiting “going over server costs” you are fine.

if you have been taking donations before server launch im guessing you already had a server paid for for testing on before launch?.

anyway just read the ToS this question has been answered plenty of times.

iirc it’s about intention. Having upkeep donations with a small buffer is fine but if you start advertising beta access / donations package is frowned upon.

2 Likes

IceHax is right. Haven’t read the topic but Im sure he’s right.

5 Likes

thank you for all the confidence you put in me mr. Boss, lul

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.