Error starting FiveM Dedicated Server (Ubuntu 14.04)

So I have been attempting to get this to work for a few days now and I keep getting this error

root@ns510915:~/Desktop/fivem/cfx-server/bin# ./run.sh
Missing method System.Array::Empty<[1]>() in assembly /usr/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll, referenced in assembly /root/Desktop/fivem/cfx-server/bin/CitizenMP.Server.exe

Unhandled Exception:
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Array.Empty'.
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start[<Start>d__4] (CitizenMP.Server.<Start>d__4& stateMachine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CitizenMP.Server.Program.Start (System.String configFileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CitizenMP.Server.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Array.Empty'.
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start[<Start>d__4] (CitizenMP.Server.<Start>d__4& stateMachine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CitizenMP.Server.Program.Start (System.String configFileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CitizenMP.Server.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have gone through and followed guides I have mono installed I even attempted to see if some of my resources where causing it by creating a new server and putting nothing but stock fivem and I still receive that error any help will greatly apprechated

From what it seems, you are missing a .dll/the .dll is empty?, in this case mscorlib.dll. Please show me the nodes within the .dll and your coding so that I can see what you have done. If you do that, I can help you further.

Sorry I am confused I am not the best with this how would I go about doing that

What software are you using to code?

Pretty sure you just need to update mono. Make sure you update it to 4.8 though as 5.0.0 is currently breaks the server :slight_smile:

I may have gone too in-depth lol

I just attempted to update mono and it says it is at the latest version

I have not currently created any custom code if that is what you mean?

Remember, only update it to 4.8. as 5.0 will break it. So not the latest version.

How would I go about doing that sorry for all of this I am not the best with linux

It worked thank you guys so much

No problem! I love stealing a mod’s answer evil laugh

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.