Error in chat Fixed (Fxserver)

When i do some command like /dv an error comes up in chat “https://gyazo.com/be000a5a6c86d6891b67925d13133435” i know dat someone have told me dat i can block it (so it only shows in console) but i forgot how. How can i fix this?

I found how i could remove the error from chat so it only prints to consle :“Go to resources/[system]/chat/cl_chat.lua and remove everything inside “_cfxinternal:serverPrint” event handler. Works for me :slight_smile:. Then it should only print to server console.”

Replace the splitstring function on the end of the script… proper splitsting can be found on the wiki

I would consider to not change anything, the resoruce works fine. Tho i know dat somewhere in regular resoruces u can remove/add something and it just put out errors in console and not in chat so every player can see it.

How does it work fine with a splitstring error?

like i have atleast 2 resoruces dat says that. One of them is delvehicles, it works fine it deletes the vehicle from the world. It supose to do that.

Or you could replace the stringsplitting function like @ColtBennett said, because that is your issue. Read the FXserver porting notes on the wiki…

there is no str:split in the script at all but i still get the error

client.lua (2.7 KB)
__resource.lua (330 Bytes)
server.lua (478 Bytes)

these are the files

@AEGOOD This resource is not the cause of your issue, try looking through your entire resource folder for stringSplit. Any decent text editor should have this ability

what should i change strongsplit too, i have tried looking at the wiki but cant understand what i means

Replace the entire function with the one on the wiki.

str:Split does not exist anymore, you should use the proper Lua functions for this.

chances are someone created a stringSplit function that used this and is now breaking.

so any use of stringsplit will break it

not if the stringsplit function isn’t using str:Split.

This is a pretty basic programming concept. A function was removed (str:Split), any code referencing that function must be updated.