Error 'curlcode 56'

When I try installing the mod some error pops up and it says something about ‘curlcode 56’ or something and I can’t install it, how do I correct it? Btw, when I first wanted to install it I tried it in administrative mode and then I deleted all the files that it installed in the same folder as the original .exe that I downloaded but I didn’t delete the original exe file. I also tried it while having turned off my antivirus and firewall but it still didn’t work.

3 Likes

im getting the save error , did you find any fix ?

i don’t have the fix either yet

let just hope someone from Technical Support will help us …

-hey lime i think i found a fix , same goes for people having this problem
“Downloading of https://runtime.fivem.net/patches/GTA_V_Patch…exe failed with CURLcode 56-”
it’s actually really simple…
i had steam on a ssd and gta 5 installed on a hdd to make it simple they where not on the same hard drive so that why it didnt work !
so what i did is deleted all fiveM related stuff on my pc redownload the FiveM from the website .
cut/copy the FivM file into the main gta folder , launch it “no admin right needed” now FiveM will actually ask you to select the the main folder containing gta 5( i didnt get this option before ), slelect the main gta 5 folder and you should be good to go !
now it’s actually be downloading around 580mb rather than 850mb i will update this after the download is done because i have a slow internet , cheers
now im getting this error Could not load bin/libcef.dll error damn
dont do this just reinstall the thing until it work or something like that … i don’t know tbh

1 Like

mine works now that i’ve just reinstalled the program, i don’t know why it didn’t work before or why yours doesnt work but mine does so thanks for that :slight_smile:

1 Like

good to know im still trying to fix it lol did you get the option to choose the main the gta5 folder or not ?

1 Like

no i didn’t but it still works fine

1 Like

fivem is not to be inside of your gta5 directory… it also does not matter if fivem and gta5 are on the same hard drive or not… i got mine on my raided hdd’s and fivem on my ssd’s.

2 Likes

as you can see i was wrong …

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.