[ERROR] april-montana-bacon

1. Go to folder where FiveM is installed (on the same harddrive as my GTAV, but a different folder) and run FiveM.exe
  2. Usually it updates FiveM and opens up this little window that shows the details

3. As soon as it finishes, the game doesn’t even launch, it instantly displays the error:

4. About 5 seconds after, it displays this error despite not launching the game in admin mode:

5. I’m forced to close and abort. Every attempt after the first one doesn’t even update the game before instantly giving the error message, which I suppose is only because there’s updates being released on a daily basis.

@Shadz, I’m assuming you’ve tried to uninstall both GTAV and FiveM, correct? If so, did you make sure to delete any remaining files that may be leftover after uninstalling both programs? User installed items like plugins and mods will remain in the directory even after uninstalling the program. So if you reinstall without removing those files, the game will still have issues.

Also, some things you can try:

1. Disable Nvidia Shadowplay (if you have it enabled)
  2. Update Windows to the Creators Update
  3. Update drivers for your graphics card

Let me know if this helps or not!

I haven’t tried to reinstall GTA V but I have a clean folder, so I dont see why it should need reinstalling… I have reinstalled FiveM before several times with no change, both errors keep popping up, aswell as tried turning Nvidia Shadowplay off, again with no change.
All graphics drivers are up to date and everything is how it should be, aswell as my windows being up to date, so unfortunately it didn’t help.

Okay, so I recently bought an SSD and reinstalled a clean version of windows 10 onto it and FiveM now launches without a problem… It’s a really really shitty solution, but it IS a method.
My honest guess is that it was something to do with some old drivers or something… But I honestly have no idea… Good luck to everyone else with this problem, hope you find an easier solution than I did.

@Shadz, that’s why most of our answers are: “Did you update your drivers?” “Clean install of both GTAV and FiveM.” etc

Well you see that’s the thing, all of my drivers were up to date! And my GTAV and FiveM were clean.
I believe there was some old driver that was no longer in use but didn’t get deleted, and somehow was conflicting with FiveM… But that’s just speculation, again I have no clue exactly what causes the error.

PS: I don’t know if it helps, but when I changed from my HDD to my SSD, I copy pasted my documents folder, which includes the Rockstar Games folder, and It’s still not giving me a problem, so I guess it’s safe to assume the problem isn’t in the Documents/Rockstar_Games folder? Probably useless info, but still… anything helps right?

i have tried everything and still have this problem. HELP!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.