Emergency help is needed . could not load resource on every server , every file!

I get “could not load resource” on every server and every file it is trying to receive .
It wont download any needed files .
it does this on every server and i went trought all the basic steps to fix this , and beyond .
Log is included in this post

For some reason it says : Failed to receive handshake , Error with SSL . But as far as i learned SSL is a certificate wich lets the connection know its safe . but why does it block with every server . that makes no sense .
Need more info , please ask .

----------------------------------------------------Info check---------------------------------------------------------------------------
**GTA V version? - Latest steam
**Up to date? - yes
**Legit or Pirate copy? - Legit
**Steam/CD/Social Club? - Steam
**Windows version? - 10
**Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? - 5 times
**Error screenshot (if any) - could not load resource ( every server / every file )
**System specifications - more then high enough
**What did you do to get this issue? - clean install of windows with fiveM and Gta , nothing out fo the ordenary
**What server did you get this issue on? - every server
**CitizenFX.log file -CitizenFX.log (56.9 KB)
**Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? - yes
----------------------------------------------------Info check---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what i tried sofar :

Removed anti virus
Added FiveM trought firewall / turned off firewall
Turned off Defender
Turned off windows 10 build in anti virus
Cleared cache of FiveM
Reinstalled Gta 5 4 times
Reinstalled FiveM 5 times
Tried someone else his FiveM folder that he send me to try
Activated Upnp on router

I am lost at this point

2 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Thank you for filling out the template so well! :+1:

Here’s your problem:

[     26515] ResourceCacheDevice::EnsureFetched downloading resource.rpf (hash 41006f2d936855a874940e8ce639902691818a23) from https://40.115.34.161:30120/files/custom-loadout/resource.rpf
[     26703] OpenArchive: ReadBulk of header failed
[     26703] ResourceCacheDevice reporting failure: schannel: failed to receive handshake, SSL/TLS connection failed - CURL error code 35 (SSL connect error)GlobalError: Couldn't load resource packfile for custom-loadout.

I found several other threads with the same issue, but none of them were resolved.

Some things to note:

1 Like

I have to inform you that it is fixed , for some reason that i do not know .
it might the a port i opened wich blocked my ssl .
I forgot to mention i already tried to set the time correctly
but the problem is fixed .
Thank you for trying to help anyway !

1 Like

Its not fixed , it is just less now . this is very strange .

3 Likes

Huh, that’s interesting. I have no idea what could be going on. :confused:

What happens when you visit: https://40.115.34.161:30120/files/custom-loadout/resource.rpf

cant be reached , but i looked into something wich has to do with SSL certificates bieng blocked . but i can not recall having this with any other software . this is a security measure of some kind for unsafe sites . but it also blocks my FiveM from downloading files . SSL certificates can be blocked by firewall and anti virus becuase it indicates a unsafe internet enviremont , but i turned that all off . so it has to be blocked from somewhere else , and many people say VPN , but they dont seem to understand that does not remove any SSL related blockages from a PC/connection . the problem is that i know my way around computers xD and now i am so drivin to fix this . it makes no sense

SSL is server sided the odds of a firewall blocking ssl is pretty slim the reason people say VPN is to be sure it isnt a ISP related problem.

I understand , but it has nothing to do with ssl . I get the ssl : Failed to handshake server at tons of servers and files . wich states that it is bieng blocked by something in particular . wich is hard to find if you read my post about what i tried .

1 Like

well this is an answer someone got from an element.

1 Like

i want to inform you that you just sended me a link to a subject wich already has bien ruled out ,
And wich no awnser as you state .
The following post has no solution .

How has your ISP possibly blocking FiveM been ruled out? :confused:

have you even tried a vpn to rule it out? i dont see that in your OP

I want everyone to know that i have fixed the problem , For everyone who has similar problems i will now explain why this problem keeps doing what its doing and why .

Since a while computers and their connections changed from ipv4 to Ipv6 .
this is the communications protocol that provides an identification and location of your pc and connection .
This has to do with the certificates error’s and the SSl handshake problems on people their computers
becuase FiveM uses the Ipv6 ( wich is newer then Ipv4 ) it will not be able to “handshake”
the connection , therefor not able to connect .

I will provide a link to see if you have Ipv6 support on your pc :

https://test-ipv6.com/

If this result says you have Ipv6 , then this post is not for you .
If this result says No IPv6 address detected then you most likely have an old router and need to ask for a new one at your provider .

I had an old router becuase i was member of this provider for 9 years and never bothered to get a new one .
Therefor my old router still ran the Ipv4 server wich is outdated .

Now i can connect again and my problem is fixed .
I hope i helped alot of people becuase i saw many people with this problem .

Greetings : Reckless Genesis

It’s great that you got that fixed! :+1:

Just a quick question: If the problem is FiveM using IPV6 to communicate, why can’t you access a IPV4 address? (40.115.34.161)

1 Like

probably becuase i have a old router , as i stated before .
this can cause alot of problems with any typ of connection or adress .

Agreed, as protocols update the hardware has to as well.

But then what does IPV6 Have to do with the error?

i have the same issue, no ipv6 but this shouldnt matter, my little brother can play fine on same network so did i untill 2 months ago, i just cant wrap my head around it and have tried everything to fix it

Hi @Bobby3

This might be a good time to make a new post and add a link to this one, Regardless please fill out the error template.

Thank you, Zozo1237

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.