dRdoors

Yes I agree. That’s a much better place for this. :+1:

DarkLandz I have made it so there is a whitelist system, only people who have a specfic steamid can use the command, can I send you it

Hi MM_pros,

Thanks for the offer but it’s ok, i finished the script with white-listing and server side support, still debating if i’m going to publish it here coz i got some nasty pm from people insulting me.

Why would you get some nasty insults from people this is a open community and you should be able to post your code even if people don’t like it

Hey Ryan,

I was thinking the same thing, apparently some people did not like it that is started out as client only and so on (some did even come to my discord channel to call me names).

As i said, like most of us here i still have to learn some stuff and i’m all open to sharing it.

With the server side stuff, i got some help from a very friendly user, so i still want to post the full code but i need to ask the user who helped me if it’s ok.

Ahh okay hopefully he says its okay because his little help could have changed alot with doors in gta5

On the server side, use es:getPlayers event and trigger it on all the players so it becomes global.

I think that’s an essentialmode event isn’t it.??

Yes. Or you can do this on server-side. For example, when u look a door you do TriggerClientEvent(“doorLock”, -1, state, doorName) and in that event on client side you freeze the entity. That -1 will trigger it for each client.

so on the client side when ever you lock or unlock a door, you want to trigger the server event passing the state(lock or unlocked) and door name and in the server event do what i said above.

I know how to do it just wasn’t sure why you were saying to use an essentialmode event that doesnt exist in this current script… That’s all.

What became of this?

the back police department doors are not locked like this

https://gyazo.com/c150a938d08600e29d480429a91753bd

EDIT: Failed.

I believe this may need to be rewritten due to the nature of how you are targeting each door will not work well with other players.

Someone figured it out because I’ve seen a similar script on NoPixel

question people are able to open the doors on their side and walk right through the jail cells how do i do it where thats not allowed

It needs a server side and whitelisting element. But that has not been released.

so the doors aren’t syncing to each client so i lock someone in a jail cell but on their side they can get right back out what do i need to fix

the owner of the script needs to rewrite it

How to change the key (e) to unlock?