Discord roles for permissions (im creative, i know)

https://anidiots.guide/other-guides/hosting-on-glitch

Or google how to host a discord bot

I made a bot from https://discordapp.com/developers/applications/ i was wondering how i turned this one on

If your having problems read me

About 2 weeks ago I had no knowledge on how discord bots worked at all. But over time and tutorials i slowly started to learn. If your new to FiveM development or just dont know what your doing I would highly suggest installing This resource on your server. Not only will this help you learn the basic on node bots but he has giving a very detailed instillation guide. Once you setup the resource you can use the same bot for all of these bot resourceā€™s. (as far as i know). Even faxes new white list resource (which is awesome you should def check it out.) will run off the same bot. Anyways this helped me alot and I think it will dramatically help the OPā€™s of these bot resources. Alot of these guys will tell you to do your research before asking for help. So here ive provided you with a link now launch off and see where it takes you. :+1:

Thanks u were a huge help

1 Like

I donā€™t want to be ā€œthat guyā€ but how can I implement with vmenu permissions? my vmenu permmissions.cfg is in the same directory as my server.cfg and server.cfg is set to exect the perm.cfg.(very first line). Iā€™ve placed

add_ace resource.discord_perms command.add_principal allow
add_ace resource.discord_perms command.remove_principal allow
in my permissions.cfg and I donā€™t see any errors when starting my server

I guess my question is how do actually give the roles that have been added permissions?

1 Like

can you give a role with this ?. example if you are a mechanic ingame then you get the mechanic role on discord

No, this is only for getting roles

Could you give an example permission.cfg. The readME is a bit confusing.

What? This isnā€™t even requiredā€¦ you use exports to use this. exports.discord_perms:IsRolePresent(player, role) ā€¦

Well you clearly havenā€™t looked hard enough at this release! Illusive released a version for Ace permissions.

He did, did he? :thinking:

Take a look. IllusiveTea/discord_perms/blob/ACE-Perm-System/README.md

Im quite new with ace perms but the readme confuses me.

Linux server - Works fine all day, then suddenly for some ppl it stops working and gives this error in consoleā€¦ I have had it suddenly give this error a few timesā€¦

Error running system event handling function for resource discordwhitelist: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:760: No such export IsRolePresent in resource discord_perms
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:760: in metamethod '__index'
	server.lua:26: in upvalue 'handler'
	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:219: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218>
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: in field 'CreateThreadNow'
	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:182>

Anyway to get this to work with @JayJayAuto 's role chat? Iā€™ve tried but I all I get is an error.

Error parsing script sv_chat.lua in resource rolesFX: sv_chat.lua:14: '}' expected near 'CEO'
Failed to load script sv_chat.lua.
Started resource rolesFX

I have a basic bot created and the resource in the server. Do I have to include any special code for the bot to know how to gather the role info and provide it to the server?

Could we get an example on a client event asking the server if a permission if available i have a vehicle white list script for planes and its client side

Given my lack of expertise in Ace permissions, would it be possible to use this with something like vMenu? I know vMenu checks permissions at server startup so it may not work, but would it be possible to save the Ace permissions through a restart?

Hello ;
I have this error code which product can you help me

Open Discord and join the server.

the discord application is on