Discord Messages

Hello,

I just need help trying to add join/disconnect messages to my discord chat (I’ve already added regular chat messages).

Here is the handler I already have:

AddEventHandler('chatMessage', function(source, name, message)
  PerformHttpRequest('discordwebhooklink', function(err, text, headers) end, 'POST', json.encode({username = name, content = message}), { ['Content-Type'] = 'application/json' })
end)

I’d like to add the extra join/disconnect messages in an event handler similar to the one listed above.

Thanks!

This should help you a bit

AddEventHandler('playerDropped', function(reason)
    name = GetPlayerName(source)
    PerformHttpRequest('discordwebhooklinkd ', function(err, text, headers) end, 'POST', json.encode({username = "Leaves", content = "User "..name.." Left the server for the Reason:"..reason.."."}), { ['Content-Type'] = 'application/json' })
end)

AddEventHandler('playerConnecting', function(reason)
    PerformHttpRequest('discordwebhooklinkd ', function(err, text, headers) end, 'POST', json.encode({username = "Leaves", content = "User "..name.." Left the server for the Reason:"..reason.."."}), { ['Content-Type'] = 'application/json' })
end)

should work my dude!

Thanks buddy! :slight_smile:

Been lookin for this for awhile.

@DavidR I tried to add another EventHandler from essentialmode and got a scheduling error.

AddEventHandler('es:commandRan', function(source, command_args, user) 
PerformHttpRequest('webhooklink', function(err, text, headers) end, 'POST', json.encode({username = "Command Log", content = "** "..name.." has ran the command "..command_args.."!**"}), { ['Content-Type'] = 'application/json' })
end)

Any idea what may be wrong? I want the discord webhook to say User has ran the command (commandhere)!

What is the command meant to do so we can understand better?

PerformHttpRequest('webhooklink', function(err, text, headers) end, 'POST', json.encode({username = "Command Log", content = "** "..name.." has ran the command "..command_args.."!**"}), { ['Content-Type'] = 'application/json' })
end)

Im pretty sure all u do is add this after the command? But change it to what you need/want for the code to actually work.

1 Like