Disconnect crash

Clicked “disconnect” in the game menu. Happened in Los Angeles Roleplay server. Joined the game, mouse got stuck and couldn’t click “Exit menu”, however when you paused the mouse was able to move. Clicked “Disconnect” and crashed immediately.

I think the game drank too much whiskey.

[Window Title]
Error lithium-washington-whiskey

[Main Instruction]
“lithium-washington-whiskey”

[Content]
A lithium-washington-whiskey caused FiveM to stop working. A crash report is being uploaded to the FiveM developers. If you require immediate support, please visit FiveM.net and mention the details below.

[^] Hide details [Close]

[Expanded Information]
Report ID: 9d52925f-1367-4acc-8d04-6749ff2662cd (use Ctrl+C to copy)

Please edit and fit with this template

1 Like

Just a suggestion, if you wanted those things you should have included that in the print out of the error dialog. The report ID should be all the information you need as it was submitted to the server.

I’m not going to edit it, my report was a service to you. I don’t want help.

If you don’t want to help you can get right the fuck out. “smart ass”

2 Likes

@Brandan_Lasley, While the error is reported to the server, publishing a support thread will get the attention of developers much quicker. However, your lack of information is not a “service” to anyone. In all, it just makes you look like an ass.

Hope you’re able to get the problem fixed on your own, as you most likely will not be getting support from anyone! :kissing_heart:

EDIT: Also, this is not a bug report… This would be better fit for #technical-support!

You are the person at fault here, even disregarding the whole template thing.
You posted in the #bug-reports section which clearly says at the top:

Found a bug in FiveM? Report it here. No support questions allowed.
These should be well-written bug reports, not complaints that 𝑥 doesn’t work.

This generally includes hardware, software, if it happens on servers and a step by step “guide” on how to reproduce it. Basically anything that’s somewhat relevant to the problem. With UI/NUI related problems you should also add information about fullscreen and DPI scaling etc.

Oh and said crash reports get uploaded to a databases, so the only reason to post on the forums would be to give us more info by following said template.

1 Like

With all due respect the point was 99% of the information in the template could have been generated by the crash dialog itself. The fact that the software crashed doing basic simple operations like disconnecting IS A BUG. Any crash is a BUG. Therefore, it’s a BUG report. Unless crashing is a “feature”.

There was a pretty straightforward step by step guide on how to reproduce it. Join the LA Roleplay server, click disconnect. It crashes. That is more information than any automatic crash report will give you. The only thing the dialog couldn’t generate is
“Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?”

Again, this wasn’t a technical support request, it was a crash report. The rest of the information, in theory, should be in the database which could have collected things like OS version, DPI, screen resolution etc.

Let me remind you this is the format for reporting bugs, which this is because SOFTWARE isn’t supposed to CRASH.

if you want to report a bug, please use the following format.
Describe a detailed explanation of the bug you were experiencing
Add screenshots if possible
Add a date and time to when it happend (only neccesary when it’s not happening constantly).

FYI: It wasn’t related to that UI issue, I was able to reproduce it without it. It only occured on the LA roleplay server.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.