Disable windows upgrade suggestion

Please create a variable in a config file, preferably right below the update channel variable, that users can toggle to easily disable this annoying pop-up.

Why do people still use w7?

1 Like

I don’t use Windows 7. I just thought the feature would be nice for the people who do use it and don’t want to upgrade.

There are more people that continue to use Windows 7 over Windows 10. Windows 7 is the last Windows operating system that actually feels like a computer. Windows 8 and 10 make it feel like I am using some phone with a keyboard and mouse attached. That’s my opinion at least and the main reason I haven’t updated. A lot of other people share the same thoughts as well. In addition to the “feel” of it, there have been other more minor things that add up against wanting to make the switch.

However, Windows 10 is the most recent Windows version, so it is only logical to have the FiveM developers build FiveM to be compatible with that. The FiveM devs are already creating this on their own free time. It wouldn’t make sense to put more effort into this to make it fully compatible with an older version of Windows (7) that is just going to lose support in a few years anyways.

Anyways… I don’t mean to turn this topic into a 7 vs 10 thread, but since the question is there for why people still use it, that’s why – at least a big part of it, in a very brief explanation.

Would be nice if you could just click a checkbox to not show that window again or something though, I agree.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion! This has been implemented as of version 12120.

To disable the warning, add the following to CitizenFX.ini:

DisableOSVersionCheck=1
3 Likes

Wow cool :smiley: thanks for adding this :DD i think a “hide this window at startup” checkbox will be nice :smiley:

Windows 10 with classic shell… come on ppl