Difficulty streaming weapons.meta

So I’m trying to make a mod that turns the abandoned “weapon_grenadelauncher_smoke” into an actual tear gas launcher.
For some reason it keeps crashing my client when I spawn the actual weapon in, even when I revert my streamed weapons.meta back to the default settings. I’m not sure if I’ve messed up the syntax of the weapons.meta or if my __resource.lua is incorrect.

resource_manifest_version '77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5'

-- add the files to be sent to the client
files {

-- specify data file entries to be added
-- these entries are the same as content.xml in a DLC pack
data_file 'WEAPONINFO_FILE_PATCH' 'weapons/weapons.meta'

I had previously used ‘WEAPONINFO_FILE’ in the __resource.lua but it seemed to have no effect.

Anyone know what I’ve messed up in the above codes? I’m at a complete loss. I’ve tried parsing the xml of the weapons.meta online and apparently there’s no errors.

Should probably post the crash report here just in case it’s of any use, even though we already know it’s due to streaming the weapons.meta

[Window Title]
Error march-march-nineteen

[Main Instruction]

A march-march-nineteen caused FiveM to stop working. A crash report is being uploaded to the FiveM developers. If you require immediate support, please visit FiveM.net and mention the details below.

[^] Hide details [Close]

[Expanded Information]
Crash signature: fivem.exe+C4C4A1
Report ID: c1cff565-ad5d-4dc1-8a64-4bc362b8b812 (use Ctrl+C to copy)

moved to: #development:scripts

It’s more of a script issue, than tech support :mascot:

Alright, thanks. I figured streaming issues counted as tech support instead of scripting. Will probably be more likely to get attention here anyway. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.