[Dev Tool] yMap Tools - Optimisation Update!

Hey guys I noticed that a lot of maps that are made are placed in the same place. So I decided to make this tool to make it easy to move them. You can also convert the old json maps to ymap as well.

OPENIV IS REQUIRED TO CONVERT MAPS TO AND FROM THE CORRECT FORMATS! .NET FRAMEWORK 4.5 IS REQUIRED!

Update!
Massive optimisation update! Files process way quicker now when converting json files to ymap/ytyp. During tests converting San Andreas on the old build took 27 minutes. Now only takes 15 seconds! (TLDR; I got better at coding xD)

Updated!
You can now get Map Editor maps and make a FiveM resource with them, this will generate some LUA for you that will spawn all NPCs and Vehicles within Map Editor maps, You will still need to use https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/mapeditor-2-ymap-converter to generate your yMap that does all the props for you. (Possibly will add that within this program in the future to make it all available in one place.) A stream folder is generated in the resource, simple chuck the accompanying yMap files in it chuck the resource in the server.cfg and off you go.

This tool is made to move yMap maps, collision files and can even convert json maps to ymaps. You simply upload the correct files to the corresponding convert spot on the program (Once you have converted them with OpenIV), then hit start! It will run through and convert your items (Some larger maps can take a fair bit of time, so please be patient)

Once the maps are converted they are output in the same folder you opened them from, the collision and ymap converter will replace the old files, the json converters will add new files. Then chuck the files back into OpenIV to convert them to a usable format and you are done!

MainMenu

20 Likes

Are you all ready for a new ymap “releases” wave? :scream: good stuff anyway

1 Like

Thx Smallo for the Release!!

1 Like

Very helpful, good work.

By that you mean all the hard work of clicking 3 buttons to “convert” over to “a FiveM Release”?

The whole "I made “blah blah”, when it’s nothing more than putting something someone else actually made into a resource without giving credit or getting permission to put it up here. Yeah, here it comes.

:^)

1 Like

Yeah that shit annoys me. How hard is it to say “All I did was drag 3 files into a stream folder and 2 into another folder and made a __resource.lua file”. Instead of “I MADE THIS ADDON”

2 Likes

guis, i made this map!
original download: link.com
------ on the original download page ------
PLEASE DO NOT REUPLOAD THIS WORK ANYWHERE

:thinking:

2 Likes

Hello how does collision mover work ? I am not very familiar with those tools

You need to import the collision files into OpenIV then extract them as an OpenFormat file, then the program can move them, you will have to move the files the same distances as you did the ymap. Once the tool has done it’s job you will have to drop the collisions back into OpenIV and extract them as their correct format and you should be good to go.

It is funny how 8 ppl clicked the link.

Shame
Also funny, that I am one of them :joy:
1 Like

Here’s another one, please get me another “famous link” badge(1000 clicks)

Download new ymap free ------> rpisshit.com

1 Like

Updated!
You can now get Map Editor maps and make a FiveM resource with them, this will generate some LUA for you that will spawn all NPCs and Vehicles within Map Editor maps, You will still need to use https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/mapeditor-2-ymap-converter to generate your yMap that does all the props for you. (Possibly will add that within this program in the future to make it all available in one place.) A stream folder is generated in the resource, simple chuck the accompanying yMap files in it chuck the resource in the server.cfg and off you go.

Update is still pending approval on GTA5-Mods so it would be best to download it from the main thread for the time being. Thanks.

2 Likes

love it now if someone would just make a tool to correct the extents/lods of ymaps so we can use more of them!

Rebooting your PC doesn’t clear your client cache. Try renaming the resource after you’ve moved stuff.

1 Like

ohh okay yeah ill try that now :slight_smile:

i just tryed it and no luck i am putting the same xyz in both would you like me to send it for you to have a look its in a map pack i have taken out of the pack moved it then replaced it it has moved but i fall through the floor

Sure send it to me, I will take a look. Can you send the original files as well as modified ones.

1 Like

sent in messages thank you for helping :slight_smile: