Creating own hosting PC for FiveM

I want to make a PC that runs 24/7 with a FiveM Server on it. (I want to let it run other servers too but this is the FiveM forum).

What CPU do I need? I saw an Intel Xeon E5450. But I heard it was very old. I only built Gaming PC’s in the past so I don’t know much about the hosting ‘rigs’. What CPU do I need?

I know people are gonna say to get a VPS. But I want to have my own hosting PC.
SO what CPU do I need to run a FiveM Server without lag with 32 players?

My Download and upload speeds are in the 450 - 500 mbps.

Hey mate, what I would suggest is a good CPU with great single core speed, you don’t need a Xeon for a single gameserver.

I would suggest you go for a I7 if you want great speed and maybe even go for the newer so you get DDR4 also… That is what I would do :slight_smile:

DDR4 is too expensive. I don’t want to spend 800 dollars on that thing. DDR3 is fine I assume. But doesn’t the CPU cache need to be high? Like 20M? And I will be hosting multiple other game servers then FiveM. But FiveM is my main 1 to host on it. I won’t run windows on it because I heard that it is too much resource consuming for the CPU I will just run Linux with Ubuntu on it. I looked at some AMD CPU’s too because they usually are less expensive. I saw an AMD A8-9600 Boxed. It’s a Quad core. With 3,1 Ghz. and not too expensive and it has a integrated GPU. But the cache is 2x 1MB… And I saw that Xeon processor are made for workstations and server hosting and they have like 30M cache. So does the cache matter for Server hosting?

I mean, it all depends… You can get alot of power with any “newer” CPU… It all comes down to exactly how much the servers combined will consume…

If the cache matter? Yes ofcourse it does, does it matter much? Meh, I have not seen that much difference.

Me and a few friends used to host a Minecraft server with approx 200 online, its totally another game but we focused on a strong CPU, fast single core and steady multicore speed. We had a I7 7700k for website, server, teamspeak and a rendering of the map… So if you get shitloads of RAM and optimize the server as much as you can, 7700k is amazing! :slight_smile:

1 Like