Creating my own fivem roleplay server

Hi all.

I want to make my own fivem roleplay server.
I need to know how to add Jobs, Cars, Buildings and things like that but i cant find a good tutorial.
Can anyone help me please?

Sausbauws

Howdy

There are a couple of guides out there on how to get started setting up a server. Other than the server itself, if you are wanting to setup a roleplay server you will need to either make a framework or use one that is premade. You can use standalone resources as well, but you’ll probably be better off using an existing framework unless you know how to make one. Two popular frameworks are ES/ESX or vRP. There are several differences which you can do some research and see what suits your needs the best.

As far as adding cars there are some good tutorials on how to stream addon cars / maps and other things like that.

Hope these help!

1 Like

Thank you so much!
How does this work can i watch a tutorial on how to install that esx or vrp?
What is better in your opinion esx or vrp?
What are the differences?

Sausbauws

vRP is the definition of how lua should be written. But esx on the other hand is the definition of how lua should Not be written. As cheats are sold to exploit defaults in esx, and as people use them they can destroy your server. So IMO, Learn lua go with vrp/make your own framework. And make your own scripts.

1 Like

What do you mean with: people can destroy your server with esx.
and what do you mean with: learn lua for vrp.

This is also done for vRP I’m sure. Either way, neither framework is perfect. I personally prefer ESX. As far as cheats go, with some programming knowledge and reading on the forums these exploits can be prevented, though it may be a little work. Either way as far as lua, you will most likely need some basic programming knowledge to run and maintain the scripts, so you will have to learn for sure. :slight_smile: