Create a custom IP for Server

Hey i was wondering how i would have a custom ip like DOJRP: server1.dojrp.com, how would i make it to something like that.

1 Like

What domain provider do you use?

2 Likes

Probably an A record to your server ip, and if you have another port that isn’t 30120 you could use SRV

Just use your Domain and add A Name I believe it would be.

its home hosted if thats what ur after

Well you need to purchase a domain, you cant just link a random domain. So for example buy “dojrp.com” then add a A record ‘server1’ to your server ip

Ok, thats confusing af

if you want a free domain and easy enough to use, take a look at no-ip.org its what i use.

1 Like

if that for a website or for a server?

does not matter, the domain will mask the ip you dont have to have a website just add your ip and you can then use the domain.

Make an A record for your domain pointing to the server IP and it should be fine.

Example:
play A 127.0.0.1

Would this go into the server.cfg or?

No. Domain names do nothing more than routing traffic to an IP address. Once you purchase a domain that you want people to use to connect to your server, you would create what’s called an a name record. That looks something like this(101domain):

That’s an a record created to point discord[dot]s-esx[dot]com to my server’s IP.

So you need:

1. Server with a publicly accessible IP.
  2. Domain name to point to it.

That’s it.

Is it possible to route a squarespace domain?

I went ahead and Googled that for you.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-e&q=squarespace+domain+a+name+records

1 Like

how does one use this to have a custom fivem server

if you guys can help me can you guys put it in steps that would help me and other people thx : )